JPG File upload problem

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Pasting raw images isn't supported, sorry. You need to copy the image URL, not the actual image (the image will show in the editor, but it is stripped when submitted).

Hi all 

I have try'd to upload some JPG photo's on to the forum it shows up one the page before you save it but once you save the page the JPG photo dis spare and only the text you typed shows up. 

-moved to bugs and issues-

I've never had any issue uploading jpgs or any other image before... can you elaborate on how this happens?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I was trying help a person tell the difference between a CPU and Ram and I googled up pictures of a CPU and Ram sticks to show him the difference. All the JPG photo would not show up when saved it on to the fourm but on the pre page it show all the photo. I only had the problem with the JPG photo's.       

10 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

I was trying help a person tell the difference between a CPU and Ram and I googled up pictures of a CPU and Ram sticks to show him the difference. All the JPG photo would not show up when saved it on to the fourm but on the pre page it show all the photo. I only had the problem with the JPG photo's.       

what do you mean by "saved it on to the fourm but on the pre page it show all the photo"?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Like now I am typing it one the pre page which shows how it looks before. You hit the Submit Reply which saves it on the forum  

Are you adding the pictures to the post? Once you've dragged them into the upload zone, they appear as thumbnails, but you have to click the + to add them to the actual post body.

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you adding the pictures to the post? Once you've dragged them into the upload zone, they appear as thumbnails, but you have to click the + to add them to the actual post body.

If you don't they automatically append to the bottom of the post though

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you don't they automatically append to the bottom of the post though

I just copy and past the images I only had the problem with JPG  images just did not  appear not even the links when I submitted it.      

2 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

I just copy and past the images I only had the problem with JPG  images just did not  appear not even the links when I submitted it.      

I've never tried to insert using copy and paste, so that could be it.  What happens if you paste the link to the image, or attach it using upload?

3 hours ago, Trevor87 said:

I do a test now  No image 

What is the path you are copying and pasting and where do you paste it?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think know what the problem is the forum is  have trouble scaling down the JPG image so it won't submit to the forum and it only transfers the text that you typed.    

Pasting raw images isn't supported, sorry. You need to copy the image URL, not the actual image (the image will show in the editor, but it is stripped when submitted).

HTTP/2 203