HTPC Case

Ryujin2003

So, my current MB is slowly frying itself. Couldn't get a new one through RMA, so it's being replaced with MSI 970 Krait SLI Edition. I purchased a 990FX board for my current desktop....

So, I'll have this board, my spare AMD Phenom x6 1055t, PSU, RAM, HDDs, and even some RAM. Wow, thats enough to build another computer. I still have my PS3 because my son plays it occasionally. I'm looking to replace it with a small build PC, and potentially SteamOS.

I've seen many go with ITX or something similar for their HTPC builds. I however will have a normal ATX board. Are there any good cases that are approximately the size of a cable box that would fit my board and R9 380 GPU?

And yes, I know, the Phenom is outdated and slow, but this is for my son. It'll play Lego, Minecraft, and Need for Speed. I'm sure it'll fit the needs of a 7 year old. It might become SteamOS or be a Windows machine so he can do some of his educational school apps.

I'm looking for something that is similar to this one; however, would definitely like something that's potentially thinner. I'm putting it on a shelf on my entertainment stand, so it'll have about 7.5 to 8 inches of headroom. (About as high as a DVD case is tall.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and guidance.