Laptop future proofing question

Greetings LTT community.

After much research on budget gaming laptops I've narrowed my search down to two models from msi. But I'm struggling to decide which would be more "future proof" then the other. The models in question are the:

Apache pro ge72vr

https://m.newegg.com/product/index?itemNumber=N82E16834154299

Leopard pro gp72vr

https://m.newegg.com/product/index?itemNumber=N82E16834154483

What I'm stuck on is which is worth more in the long run, a 7th gen i7 w/ 1060 3gb, or a 6th gen i7 w/ 1060 6gb. Price wise the two are currently the same price basically. Performance wise the 1060 6gb is only 5-8% higher frames in gaming.

So in the end which is worth more, next gen CPU or more vram?

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The 6th gen i7 with a 1060 6GB. There's no performance difference between Skylake and Kabylake. So unless you wanted to watch 4K Netflix, get the one with a better GPU.

Yup, the extra 3gb will be really worthwhile in the future

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1060 6GB. It'll be better for the future with higher texture games.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Going with the 6gb version made sense to me but I wasn't 100% on the difference from a Skylake to Kaby lake would make to the laptop. Thanks guys.

CPUs are nearing their limit, pretty much any 6th generation CPU is "futureproof"

Don't talk about stale memes.