NEED HELP

arcoreinj

What GPU most fit with AMD A10 7860k? Planning to upgrade my PC. Thanks

Rx470/1050ti at most.

A 1060/RX480 would be bottlenecked by your cpu in games like gta v, bf 1 etc.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

What GPU do you have now and what is your budget?

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Rx470/1050ti at most.

A 1060/RX480 would be bottlenecked by your cpu in games like gta v, bf 1 etc.

thanks for the response, some people here responded that 1050 ti will bottleneck my cpu, that's why i get confused.

1 minute ago, arcoreinj said:

thanks for the response, some people here responded that 1050 ti will bottleneck my cpu, that's why i get confused.

In some games it may, but most games that aren't heavily cpu intensive will be fine.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

What GPU do you have now and what is your budget?

Well based on my budget I can purchase Palit 1050 ti OC edition.

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

In some games it may, but most games that aren't heavily cpu intensive will be fine.

I see.. Well I will only use my PC for specific apps. DotA 2, AutoCAD (2D Only), SketchUp, VRay and Photoshop that's it.

2 minutes ago, arcoreinj said:

Well based on my budget I can purchase Palit 1050 ti OC edition.

what does this cost vs the next tier lowest price card?

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

what does this cost vs the next tier lowest price card?

Here's my choices

XFX RX460 2GB GDDR5 124$
Palit GTX 1050 Ti - 160$
Palit GTX 1050 Ti OC - 165$

7 minutes ago, arcoreinj said:

Here's my choices

XFX RX460 2GB GDDR5 124$
Palit GTX 1050 Ti - 160$
Palit GTX 1050 Ti OC - 165$

How much is a 470 for you? It should be around that price. $160-$175 and it's much better than a 1050Ti

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

How much is a 470 for you? It should be around that price. $160-$175 and it's much better than a 1050Ti

Will 470 bottleneck my CPU? I still can't find RX 470 here only R9 380x and RX460

28 minutes ago, arcoreinj said:

Bottlenecking isn't a bad thing sometimes.Good to get a RX 480 or something now and when you have more money get a cpu upgrade

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Bottlenecking isn't a bad thing sometimes.Good to get a RX 480 or something now and when you have more money get a cpu upgrade

I see. Thanks for the response.

this a U.S. thing? I saw a rx-470 and a r9-380 in your price range. don't know how they compare to the 1050's listed. you'd have to look.

yesterday or the day before newegg had a 480 for 160-140 after rebate. you showed up a day late m8.

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

this a U.S. thing? I saw a rx-470 and a r9-380 in your price range. don't know how they compare to the 1050's listed. you'd have to look.

yesterday or the day before newegg had a 480 for 160-140 after rebate. you showed up a day late m8.

no im from the Philippines, here are the peso value, just divide it to 48 to convert to $.

XFX RX460 2GB GDDR5 - 5950 php
Palit GTX 1050 Ti - 7700 php
Palit GTX 1050 Ti OC - 7950 php

I'm not familiar with where you have to buy stuff. I feel for you.

try and get the best card for your money. that's all I can say. I think the 1060ti has the better performance of the 2. Not sure how much an over clocked version will do for you. watch some internet vids from all around so you're best informed.

As far as I see this situation, it's like you will be upgrading your CPU and Mobo in few years, so you could go even further than 1050ti or 470, In upgrading path vice. I would put my money on 480 or 1060, cos those are plenty powerfull for few years to come, and when you heave them out of the system, you can just fit them to the old system and let them run cooler cos bottlenecked they don't need to run as hard as on the faster cpu.

Anyways it's all about the budget and it's ok that you have cpu bottleneck. Probably the gpu will run cooler and quiter. "just maybe" 

If you are not plannin to upgrade system in few years, sure, go for 1050 ti or 470. (It's again your uppgrade path, your money and budget)

Remember, it's not a "crime" to cpu bottleneck your current system, as it seems to be for some people, the worst thing ever.

I have often ended up with cpu bottleneck, and when i have upgraded rest of the system, it has been in some balance untill i have upgraded the gpu again, and ended up cpu bottleneck again. Not a problem unless you wana make it a one. It's all about your upgrade cycle and budget.

Anyways i recomend swich that apu to non apu cpu what sits in that FM socket. Those can be optained very cheap as used.

Sorry for the wall of messy spelling and errors.
Greggio - Nemesis of the perfect world and probably the nastiest bottlenecker

Sorry my passive agressive style of writing. Trying to learn out of it.

Edited by Greggio