SSD caddy question

So, my system build that will begin in 2 weeks will have one 525gb ssd as my C:\ drive and one 1-2tb HDD, I would like to eliminate my HDD cages.

I am wondering if 2.5" HDDs will fit in the tool less ssd holders inside my Corsair Obsidian 750D.

I don't want to buy one to try, because if they don't, I won't be using 2.5" drives.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, 1soup said:

So, my system build that will begin in 2 weeks will have one 525gb ssd as my C:\ drive and one 1-2tb HDD, I would like to eliminate my HDD cages.

I am wondering if 2.5" HDDs will fit in the tool less ssd holders inside my Corsair Obsidian 750D.

I don't want to buy one to try, because if they don't, I won't be using 2.5" drives.

Thank you.

the thickness of the 2.5inch HDD will be the only concern _IF_ the SSD caddies have an upper lip that limits thickness - you'll need to find a picture of the caddy to check probably.

Even if the SSD caddy does have a limit on thickness, it will probably be 12.5mm - so look for HDD's thinner than that... 

EDIT:  Umm... maybe not: the upper lip on the SSD caddies on my Corsair Crystal 570X are 9.5mm - but will still fit most HDD's.   https://www.wdc.com/content/dam/wdc/website/downloadable_assets/eng/spec_data_sheet/2879-771435.pdf 

Thank you, I want sure as everyone refers to them as as ssd bays and not 2.5", I will measure the depth and make my purchase.

Again, thank you.

6 minutes ago, 1soup said:

Thank you, I want sure as everyone refers to them as as ssd bays and not 2.5", I will measure the depth and make my purchase.

Again, thank you.

Np.   I notice WD maxed out at 1TB in 2.5inch.

Seagate seem to have 2TB ones though ... http://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/mobile-hddDS1861-2-1603-en_AU.pdf