Remote PC switch

0v3rPix

Anyone know how to turn on and off a PC via a phone and that work with IFTTT?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, 0v3rPix said:

Thanks

Not sure exactly what you are looking to do, but what about hooking up the power switch to a relay and using something to power the relay on momentarily, maybee like a wifi switch you turn on, then off, that would trigger a relay briefly, then shut it off and the pc should boot. or if you ifttt can produce an output that could briefly trip something that could work as well 

wake on lan is designed for this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

this life hacker page has a guide on how to setup and use it

http://lifehacker.com/348197/access-your-computer-anytime-and-save-energy-with-wake-on-lan

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

the closest you could go is making your own IPMI/ILO "module" with a raspberry pi, some custom electronics, and some custom mounting, and a bunch of programming to make that pi do the thigs you'd require it to do.

essentially, you can use the GPIO on the pi and some electronics to emulate power button presses, and hook that into a piece of software that listens for inputs over the network from any way you might want to access it.

at that point you could also think about implementing other features as well, like remote hard resets, and some thermal readots, to name some possibilities.

1 minute ago, samiscool51 said:

wake on lan is designed for this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

this life hacker page has a guide on how to setup and use it

http://lifehacker.com/348197/access-your-computer-anytime-and-save-energy-with-wake-on-lan

two things:

1: wake on lan is already dodgy when you're doing it on a complex LAN infrastructure, it's *NOT* meant to go beyond a local network (it's right in the name)

2: WOL doesnt support powering the system down, so you'd have to put a program on the system to listen for the shutdown command once it's booted up.

1 hour ago, 0v3rPix said:

Thanks

i'm not a genius or anything but what i used to do is get teamviewer on my phone and just set the pc in sleepmode. lol

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back I saw a build log for a Battlefield 3 themed PC in an ammo can. The guy used a 5v Wireless Doorbell as a relay connected to the power button pins on the motherboard. He made the button look like the C4 detonator. If you had your PC set to shut down when the power button is pressed, it could also be used for remote shutdown.

13 minutes ago, AMDKilla said:

A few years back I saw a build log for a Battlefield 3 themed PC in an ammo can. The guy used a 5v Wireless Doorbell as a relay connected to the power button pins on the motherboard. He made the button look like the C4 detonator. If you had your PC set to shut down when the power button is pressed, it could also be used for remote shutdown.

Great idea on the Doorbell, i'm going to try that right now, thanks!

5950X @ 5.1ghz Perf Cores - 32GB 3966Mhz MHZ CL18 - WD SN850 Black 1TB x 2 - Gigabyte Eagle 3080 Ti (Bad Overclocker) - Corsair HX1000i

Lenovo Legion 7i 16ITHg6 - Intel i7 11800h 4.9Ghz Perf Cores - GTX 3070 8GB 2100Mhz - 32GB 3200Mhz CL18 - 1TB 980 Pro PCI-e 4.0 SSD - 2tb 970 EVO PCI-e 3.0 SSD