Hobby Build

So I just finished my first custom build (I attached a pic), this was a super awesome experience from researching to picking your parts to putting it all together. That moment when I turned it on for the first time and saw it all come to life was priceless :) 

Really enjoyed this forum, as it answered a lot of questions and gave me good insight on products! Shout out to Linus and all you enthousiasts! 

Now along slowly improving my rig I want to build a crappy pc as a hobby build, but I want to know what is the best way to approach this? Any parts yall recommend?

I will not be having the astronimical budget as my first rig so I want to use 2nd hand parts. I think like around €50.

I'd also love to maybe do some mods to make it look 'less crappy'.

I was thinking of first starting to get parts for free on the equivalent of Craigslist here in NL, and depending on what I get move on from there?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0611.JPG

6 minutes ago, SwervinPersian said:

So I just finished my first custom build (I attached a pic), this was a super awesome experience from researching to picking your parts to putting it all together. That moment when I turned it on for the first time and saw it all come to life was priceless :) 

Really enjoyed this forum, as it answered a lot of questions and gave me good insight on products! Shout out to Linus and all you enthousiasts! 

Now along slowly improving my rig I want to build a crappy pc as a hobby build, but I want to know what is the best way to approach this? Any parts yall recommend?

I will not be having the astronimical budget as my first rig so I want to use 2nd hand parts. I think like around €50.

I'd also love to maybe do some mods to make it look 'less crappy'.

I was thinking of first starting to get parts for free on the equivalent of Craigslist here in NL, and depending on what I get move on from there?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0611.JPG

Linus won't be happy. This is a direct competition for Scrapyard wars. LTT wil sue you

I'd suggest that the best way to start a "hobby" build would be to buy one of the many used, cheap i5 business computers with a mini-tower (not slimline) case. Just make sure it has a PCIe x16 graphics card slot.

You can then do things like adding a a cheap graphics card such as a GTX-1050 or RX 460, upgrading the RAM, upgrading the power supply, etc.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD