Surface pro 4 users?

donggun222

im thinking of getting one. Is the screen size too small for things such as excel or powerpoint? Please tell me your experience with it

im thinking of getting one. Is the screen size too small for things such as excel or powerpoint? Please tell me your experience with it

I've used the Surface Pro 3, and I'm sure that it's similar to the Surface Pro 4. Yea, the screens good for work, video, etc, but the keyboard is complete trash. I reccomend the Surface Book with Performance Base Surface Pro.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Surface-Book-with-Performance-Base/productID.5077253600?icid=Cat-Surface-modG_30_1-Surface-102616-en_CA

I think it would be excellent for Powerpoint (ugh I'm tired and tried to make a pun, I am so sorry).

I have used mine for Excel and it was sufficient. Small enough to carry around with me, but large enough to choose the right fields to enter stuff. Granted, I was walking around a lab doing inventory, so I could have been using my laptop, but the Surface was much easier to walk around with. It works for me, but it's not perfect. 

Edit: To add to what @Slayerstealthwas saying, yes, the keyboard is trash. Like absolutely. Strangely, though, I feel it's mainly because they tried to add a touchpad and that fucks with the whole thing. The keyboard itself is fine, actually better than what you get on most laptops, but the mousepad is garbage. The sensitivity for clicks isn't consistent, palm detection is horrible, and... it feels weird. 

To add to what @Slayerstealthwas saying, yes, the keyboard is trash. Like absolutely. Strangely, though, I feel it's mainly because they tried to add a touchpad and that fucks with the whole thing. The keyboard itself is fine, actually better than what you get on most laptops, but the mousepad is garbage. The sensitivity for clicks isn't consistent, palm detection is horrible, and... it feels weird. 

It's an engineering miracle how the keyboard is so slim, but at what expense of comfort. The whole keyboard+mousepad thing is just plane trash.

I was willing to sacrifice the screen size for lighter weight and the use of a stylus again. Its great for lighter applications like word processing and stuff. The only complaint I really have is that its top heavy and its a bit tricky to use on your lap for extended periods of time.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14