DDR4 efficiency?

I did a couple of tests.

With GTA 5, Spotify, Discord, Steam, and a bunch of Chrome tabs (one was playing a 4k video), I reached a peak of 9.2 GB of RAM used. (Currently have 4 sticks, 12 GB, DDR3, 1333 MHz)

How efficient is DDR4 vs. DDR3 in terms of RAM usage?

Would 8GB of DDR4 (2133 MHz) be enough memory, or should I get 16GB?

17 minutes ago, Jobinx said:

I did a couple of tests.

With GTA 5, Spotify, Discord, Steam, and a bunch of Chrome tabs (one was playing a 4k video), I reached a peak of 9.2 GB of RAM used. (Currently have 4 sticks, 12 GB, DDR3, 1333 MHz)

Well, RAM is memory, memory is measured in bits, so 12GiB of DDR3 will be 12884901888 Bits,
And conversally, 12GiB of DDR4 will be 12884901888 Bits,

Now I know there might be a slight reduction, it won't be due to DDR3/DDR4 differences, more than likely due to most of the IMC and processors being better.

Yours faithfully

9 hours ago, Jobinx said:

I did a couple of tests.

8 is probably not enough especially if you hord Chrome tabs and play games at the same time. 16 should be plenty for what you mentioned though. There really isn't a difference in how much is used from DDR3 to DDR4 though, it's what you have running and a little to do with how good your CPU is but mostly just what you have running.