Is my SSD failing?

Hey guys,

Built a new machine. I believe I may have went cheap with my SSD. The first one that came in the mail was DOA! They sent me a replacement through Newegg no problem. Well since then the last month or so I've noticed some weird bugs. I've had to reformat my machine already once, and then lately while the computer is in use, it will randomly lock up. It doesn't blue screen it just gets stuck. Now I've ran several SMART tests, and even the windows diagnostic. Everything states that the drive is fine. But something must be wrong if while I'm purely letting a twitch stream run in the background as I am using my laptop for my job and I look over and it just locks up... it makes me believe something is wrong.

The drive itself is a PNY CS1311 240GB. I've only used this drive as my boot, and everything else is stored on my Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB. 

Any advice?

Shortly after this post, it crashed again. That is twice in one night. I'm already looking into a new SSD. But I can't genuinely tell if it is my SSD, or even one of my video cards. 

Again, no blue screen. The computer just stutters, and I must turn off the power manually to reboot the machine.

On 2/4/2017 at 4:54 AM, Kiani said:

Fully scan your SSD with something like HDTune.

I tried several smart programs, and got no results to show anything was failing. So I did end up getting a samsung 850 pro. Cloned it on, and going to wait it out. 

I tried several stress tests before hand, and couldn't get it to replicate the fail. So here goes nothing. If it fails again, I guess I'll check the video cards. But thus far, 4 hours in and no issues.