No Signal on Monitor MSI Z170A-PRO : Done all the troubleshooting, also replaced new RAM .?

I have build new system less then year back with, Z170A-PRO, i5-6500 and G.Skill 8GB DDR4 RAM.

Everything was working properly until i removed my old graphics card and connected monitor to on board vga port and got 'No Signal' error.

Thereafter done all the troubleshooting, but has nothing worked. Update: Also replaced new RAM and still there is no display on the motherboard.Only two possibilities left now:

1)Faulty Motherboard (40% chance) : Getting no beeps on board when turning it on and also no signal on display too. Processor fan is spinning. If i remove RAM stick it gives RAM error beep.

2) Faulty Processor : I bought this i5 6500 less than year ago, and there was no incident of power spike/display error or any other sign of faulty processor. Also motherboard is not giving CPU error beeps/LED now. I am really not sure whether it is really a faulty CPU. Checked pins, all seems f9.

The another issue here is that, service center guys don't have spare processor to check on my motherboard. And also i don't have it. Any ideas what can i do..?

o.O

4 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

I get similar problems with my computer when I don't change the GPU to be used from the PCIe card to iGPU. Did you change this setting in the BIOS before removing the old card ? What happens when you insert the old GPU again and try to boot it ? Make sure to connect your PCIe power cables and check the tightness of all the connectors.

• Before:
    • I didn't changed settings  from BIOS before removing GPU
    • When i insert other GPU again everything works properly. But then i also checked BIOS settings and on board GPU adapter was on. on the other hand if i remove GPU and connect to onboard monitor, there was no signal
  • Went to SERVICE CENTER:
    • Later i submitted board to to service center and they gave it back to me in few days (saying they have flashed BIOS, there was no issue with hardware)
    • i checked motherboard (After getting 'Repaired' form service center) if i get display now, and THERE WAS NO DISPLAY. :|
    • They (Service center guys) again checked my CPU & New (Replaced) Ram on other 7-8 motherboards and all of them were getting same problem. (They didn't had the extra cpu & RAM to check on My Motherboard)
  • Conclusion from MSI service center: 
    • According to them, Motherboard has no issues and Either CPU or RAM is faulty
    • RAM: as i have replaced with brand new RAM. it is eliminated 
    • left is CPU, which i have given today to Intel service center for replacement. 

I am not able to understand how CPU can be faulty when, what i had did was just removed my old GPU to sell it. It has to be the BIOS/Motherboard issue as per me.

Beep Codes:

• When RAM & CPU are installed: No Beep. (Seems everything is ok)
  • If i remove ram: Getting RAM beep. (No RAM /RAM Failed)

That's it, board shows LED's, Fans are running, No Pin/Connectors are broken/Bend/ Nothing. 

On 2/3/2017 at 8:08 PM, Kumaresh said:

@suruaj OK, I understand your problem perfectly. It is the same one I have. Do these steps

1. Insert your dedicated GPU and turn on your computer. Go to your OS and uninstall AMD or NVIDIA drivers. The restart the computer.
  2. Open your BIOS ( probably F2 or ESC or DEL key )
  3. Go to settings, advanced, integrated graphics configuration
  4. Select initiate graphics adapter, and there should be some option called iGPU or integrated graphics. Select that option and set shared memory to 1024M.
  5. Turn off your computer and remove the dedicated graphics card.
  6. Connect the video output cable to the motherboard and turn on the computer. It should work.

Tell me what happens......

hi, T

Thanks for your reply. But, i am not getting any display now even with the GPU on. I forgot to mention earlier. This happened after board returned from service center. 

20 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

@suruaj Before following the above instructions,It would be preferable if you took apart and reassembled your computer. All the components other the motherboard must be working because they worked fine before swapping out the GPU. And this new problem is occuring after sending the Motherboard to the service centre, so it can't be a defect of the motherboard. Some connector must be loose somewhere or some wire might not be plugged in properly. The after assembling it, remove the CMOS battery( button battery ) and put it in again.

I have tried removing all parts and reassembling them and clearing CMOS also. Its not working either. 

Also, wanted to bring attention on, service center guys checked my cpu and RAM on other 7-8 boards and all were not able to post with my ram and cpu.  

1 minute ago, Kumaresh said:

Then either your CPU or RAM is damaged. But there should atleast be some error code..... Try and send both for service :/ I think they might have been inadvertently damaged when repeatedly inserting and removing them.....

Already Replaced RAM and it didn't worked either.

Sent CPU to the intel for replacement. it will take 15 days now. 

Hoping for the best. 

• 4 years later...

Did you ever find a fix for this?  Still rocking the same motherboard and having the same exact issue.  Tried all troubleshooting you did and no luck.