Looking for a Soundbar system

ThyFeared

I'm looking for a nice soundbar system and I don't really know what to look for since I don't know much about them. My max budget is $500. Doesn't have to be just a sound bar, it can be a soundbar with a sub and some speakers. I just want something that is good quality. Thanks :)

5 minutes ago, d3sl91 said:

Anything from Vizio is quite good. for 500, you can get their 5.1 system, which has a 3 channel front soundbar, two wireless satellite speakers and a subwoofer. 

Wasn't sure about the quality. I'll look into them.

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

This is actually a pretty good idea. I'll look into it.

1 minute ago, ThyFeared said:

Wasn't sure about the quality. I'll look into them.

This is actually a pretty good idea. I'll look into it.

As far as customization, the yamaha system will be best (I'm partial to having an actual center channel speaker at the bare minimum - so I like separate systems)

If you just want something that sounds as good as a bar with small speakers can - vizio is great. Heck, their $78 2.0 bar sounds amazing IMO. Plus - has a center speaker :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

9 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Note on the Vizio. I got one of those setups to use with a new setup that I had made in an open area in my house to use for gaming and watching Netflix. I got it because it looked convenient to setup and use and it was. It sounded fine but I was not satisfied with it. Mostly sound felt 'empty' with no umph to it, if you get my meaning, also it did not have nearly enough HDMI inputs for my devices. Maybe it was because I also had an 11.2 setup and maybe I mentally compared the two accidently. I ended up setting up a Home Theatre setup using an Onkyo amp and some Bose and Onkyo speakers I found for cheap. Again I would like to emphasise that I my standards were probably very high and I give credit to Vizio for making a rather easy to setup and easy to connect with your TV and also devices that you want to play audio from. Overall, the average user (which I will assume youa are) will probably find it very satisfactory. But I myself ended up going for a more advanced setup that sounded much better, but not something you might want to do.