Screen flickering

Sparkling Soap

Why is my screen flickering and how can I fix it? It isn't constant, its on and off. Is it a problem with my computer or monitor? I have a viewsonic xg2401 and windows 10. If you need any more info let me know. Thanks

what gpu are you running if you have another port you can put it try it if that doesnt work hook the monitor up to your mobo and see if its the monitor. come back to me when you done

Is it when gaming or when doing anything on the pc?

Try using a different cable, different output on your gpu/motherboard, or a different monitor if you can.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, Fr0sty22 said:

what gpu are you running if you have another port you can put it try it if that doesnt work hook the monitor up to your mobo and see if its the monitor. come back to me when you done

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Is it when gaming or when doing anything on the pc?

Try using a different cable, different output on your gpu/motherboard, or a different monitor if you can.

I changed the port on the gpu and it seemed to stop flickering. Its kind of strange since I got this GPU only a month ago.

1 minute ago, Sparkling Soap said:

I changed the port on the gpu and it seemed to stop flickering. Its kind of strange since I got this GPU only a month ago.

Could just be that it wasn't plugged in securely enough

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Sparkling Soap said:

LOL that why

if you have a gpu you hook the monitor that way. lol. that kinda common scene 

oops i thought you had it in your mobo

happy that we got it working

3 minutes ago, Fr0sty22 said:

LOL that why

Even with a gpu installed but not outputting anything, having the display output through the onboard graphics shouldn't cause any flickering.

19 minutes ago, Fr0sty22 said:

LOL that why

i did have it hooked to the gpu. i just changed the port. there are multiple on the gpu