EVGA GTX 1070 GTW

Free_rebel

Good day ! to all

I'm currently playing Guild wars 2. I've noticed that the card only dishes out 900 to 1200 MB of video ram on Guild Wars 2 in the demanding areas leaving me at 50 fps.

Why's that ? Why can't  the system push out more to get more frames ? I seem to expect having a constant 60 FPS  with this beast of a card. Is it some sort of bottleneck ! I7-2600K Still high end CPU

P8Z68-V Pro Firmware : 3603

I7-2600K 4.6 GHZ

1600 MB Ram

GTX EVGA 1070 FTW

VRAM isn't an indicator of how well a game will perform, even if you have 8gb of VRAM, which the 1070 has. 

that said have you tried reducing settings? lowering resolution? 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

VRAM isn't an indicator of how well a game will perform, even if you have 8gb of VRAM, which the 1070 has. 

that said have you tried reducing settings? lowering resolution? 

I know  lowering the settings such the density of how many other players are on the screen will improve FPS. But the things I don't want to. I expected my system  to be able to handle the situation considering It's high end xD

9 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

Good day ! to all

I'm currently playing Guild wars 2. I've noticed that the card only dishes out 900 to 1200 MB of video ram on Guild Wars 2 in the demanding areas leaving me at 50 fps.

Why's that ? Why can't  the system push out more to get more frames ? I seem to expect having a constant 60 FPS  with this beast of a card. Is it some sort of bottleneck ! I7-2600K Still high end CPU

I7-2600K 4.6 GHZ

1600 MB Ram

GTX EVGA 1070 FTW

What res and settings are you playing at? Also what is your PSU?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 hour ago, Abdul201588 said:

What res and settings are you playing at? Also what is your PSU?

Im using Corsair HX850 Since 2011  1080p. 

Put into note that GW 2 Is an mmo and so I don't they presets take into account the number of other players  part of the rendering with all of them using their abilities which is graphically explosive at times 

8 hours ago, Free_rebel said:

Good day ! to all

I7-2600K 4.6 GHZ

1600 MB Ram

GTX EVGA 1070 FTW

GW2 is stupidly CPU heavy game. It's using the same engine as the first game was, just heavily modified so there's 10+ years old engine also. Running with 6600k 4.5GHz with my 1070 gives me almost stable 75 ( my monitor refresh rate) everywhere and GPU is not pushing itself to the maximum with everything maxed out. 

At what resolution you're playing at? (1440p --> gives me still 75fps stable, hovers around 140 in empty areas)

You can always use for example MSI AB/rivatuner to check if either your GPU or CPU is hitting 100% at some point.

Or you could try playing at stock clocks for your CPU and if that affects your fps at all.

CPU: i5 6600k @4.5GHz | GPU Zotac Amp! 1070 | RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb | Storage: Corsair Force LE 240gb +480gb | Case: Corsair Carbide Clear C400 | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Cooler: H110i GTX

On 2/2/2017 at 3:32 AM, Constant Failure said:

GW2 is stupidly CPU heavy game. It's using the same engine as the first game was, just heavily modified so there's 10+ years old engine also. Running with 6600k 4.5GHz with my 1070 gives me almost stable 75 ( my monitor refresh rate) everywhere and GPU is not pushing itself to the maximum with everything maxed out. 

At what resolution you're playing at? (1440p --> gives me still 75fps stable, hovers around 140 in empty areas)

You can always use for example MSI AB/rivatuner to check if either your GPU or CPU is hitting 100% at some point.

Or you could try playing at stock clocks for your CPU and if that affects your fps at all.

I Think it's really their optimization is poor, game such as Witcher 3 I max out , Watch dogs 2 as well , with my system. Running at 1080p, My cpu non hyperthread hits everything to max when I play , though I utilize hyper threading

Put more "STUFF" in VRAM doesn't mean it will make game run faster. In fact, it will lose performance by doing so(more information to go throw to fine the one that need to draw the frame).

4 hours ago, Free_rebel said:

I Think it's really their optimization is poor, game such as Witcher 3 I max out , Watch dogs 2 as well , with my system. Running at 1080p, My cpu non hyperthread hits everything to max when I play , though I utilize hyper threading

Is your CPU hitting 100%? If it is, that is your bottleneck.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:42 PM, WMGroomAK said:

Is your CPU hitting 100%? If it is, that is your bottleneck.

Nope when Im multi-thread percentages go from 0-100% amongs them all , and when on Quad core its no 100 percents amongst the 4

On 2/2/2017 at 3:32 AM, Constant Failure said:

Thanks !