Using old case

Microsoft Master

So i want to be that guy who looks like he uses the old dell case from the early 2000's and when I take of the pannel they fall to the ground but i have 2 problems it has a hard drive mount of it and a incorrect io shield what should I do?

9 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

So i want to be that guy who looks like he uses the old dell case from the early 2000's and when I take of the pannel they fall to the ground but i have 2 problems it has a hard drive mount of it and a incorrect io shield what should I do?

If you can't pop out the I/O shield, time to get a Dremel tool to do the job.

Also what's wrong with a hard drive mount? If you need a 2.5" internal drive mount, you can get a converter.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

If you can't pop out the I/O shield, time to get a Dremel tool to do the job.

Also what's wrong with a hard drive mount? If you need a 2.5" internal drive mount, you can get a converter.

Its from the early 2000's so it has no internal plug in its all done through external wires its just a casing for the drives  Image result for thick hard drive

your bigger issues are the proprietary front panel ribbon cable header that won't work with your MOBO. you know the ON/OFF switch, reset and indicator lights.

4 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

Its from the early 2000's so it has no internal plug in its all done through external wires its just a casing for the drives 

You might want to take a picture of the case itself and show it to us.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

your bigger issues are the proprietary front panel ribbon cable header that won't work with your MOBO.

Nothing a bunch of 0.1" header wires can fix, unless they take some odd voltage.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

your bigger issues are the proprietary front panel ribbon cable header that won't work with your MOBO. you know the ON/OFF switch, reset and indicator lights.

My Header is conected to the mobo and can be removed and this case had 2 disc readers and the front io shield can be removed.

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

reset and indicator isn't all that necessary. Just listen to the fans spin up.

The geek himself.

And the power,usb,and audio jacks and mic jack are apart of the power hedar they arent permenatly put in the case

Not possible. The motherboard layout is different.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Not possible. The motherboard layout is different.

Im saying i could get my dremmel and make the board i want fit and im going to get a asus repub of gamers board 

1 minute ago, Microsoft Master said:

Im saying i could get my dremmel and make the board i want fit and im going to get a asus repub of gamers board 

Why not buy a new case instead.

The geek himself.

26 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

Get a standard ATX beige case from the 90s. Dell will be full of proprietary motherboard and connectors

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Why not buy a new case instead.

I just like reusing stuff like this it just makes people amazed that people still use stuff like this

1 minute ago, Microsoft Master said:

I just like reusing stuff like this it just makes people amazed that people still use stuff like this

I fix computers from this era on a fairly regular basis. Some of them still do fine for basic stuff. I would find a case that at least has an atx format a lot of the dells from then are btx or even more odd.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

1 minute ago, swordsman247 said:

I fix computers from this era on a fairly regular basis. Some of them still do fine for basic stuff. I would find a case that at least has an atx format a lot of the dells from then are btx or even more odd.

Ok this i know is one of the larger towers dell made and the funny thing is i still have all of the origional componets but the ports are destroyed like completly and i still have the port covers so you know ALL of the parts are there.

3 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

Ok this i know is one of the larger towers dell made and the funny thing is i still have all of the origional componets but the ports are destroyed like completly and i still have the port covers so you know ALL of the parts are there.

Can you take a picture of the back and inside? Then I can tell you about how much modding you will need to do.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

1 hour ago, swordsman247 said:

Can you take a picture of the back and inside? Then I can tell you about how much modding you will need to do.

Ok