No post... help!

Go to solution Solved by Septimus46,

Sounds like a pretty specific problem, but you could always follow a guide like this to see if it solves the problem: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I recently did a mod that involved taking the ram out of the motherboard for an extended period of time. The first time I put it back in I got a message that said my ram/CPU had changed, after which I proceeded to go to bios. I checked the board explorer and found that one of the dimms was missing. I reseated and restarted, after which it didn't do so much as post. I tried rearranging the ram any way I knew but to no avail, and reset the cmos. 

I need help getting this back up and running because I spent ridiculous cash on my machine.

Any help appreciated.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

4 minutes ago, Crossbred said:

I recently did a mod that involved taking the ram out of the motherboard for an extended period of time. The first time I put it back in I got a message that said my ram/CPU had changed, after which I proceeded to go to bios. I checked the board explorer and found that one of the dimms was missing. I reseated and restarted, after which it didn't do so much as post. I tried rearranging the ram any way I knew but to no avail, and reset the cmos. 

I need help getting this back up and running because I spent ridiculous cash on my machine.

Any help appreciated.

Troubleshooting section of the forum, there is a no post causes list?

4 minutes ago, Crossbred said:

Any help appreciated.

if its a asus board try the mem ok button

I got one stick of ram to post. Thanks, guys.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler