external storage

mybalz

OK i have a large collection of movies that i have on my wd my passport ultra. After only about a year the thing is going out needs replacement so my question is what one should i get?

I'm a truck driver out on the road all the time as such vibrations and large bumps are a big problem for me so i need something robust and something in at least 2 tb's

thanks    

Technically something like an external ssd as they have less moving parts than a hdd. Though they costs more

right right that's what I was thinking also I just don't know what to go with looking for some ideas 

I've owned a few lacie rugged discs in the past (think firewire 400) which were pretty dam good back then, don't know how they stack uop these days. They do have a bit of the apple price mark up.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

i would suggest a SSD as well but u will be spending pretty penny for a 2TB, so if u have no budget i would get an internal SSD and buy an External HDD enclosure for 2.5" drive

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

i like that idea might be the way to go 

1 minute ago, mybalz said:

i like that idea might be the way to go 

WD and samsung should do. 

so i'v found the t3 from Samsung looks ok maybe anyone have one have some thoughts about it 

or maybe a crucial mx300 and a drive enclosure i couldn't find a wd that would work for me

Iv got an old multi-media focused Hitchi CinimaStar that i use for movies that must be approaching 10 years old because it just sleeps 99% of the time my computer is on; I think the surveillance drives are similar to it; they both have extra anti vibration in the marketing.

I thought all external drive enclosures were just thick plastic or ali and sometimes covered in rubber. That surely won't reduce the vibrations of a diesel engine, especially a truck with the cab over engine

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_