I5 6600k or i5 7600k

Hey I am building a new computer and was wondering should I get the 6600k or the 7600k? I don't plan on overclocking in the near future. I'm mainly using this computer for gaming with an rx 480 or 1070, depending on my budget. 

Mobo?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

7600 can oc higher

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

if you aren't editing save the money and go with the 6600k. If you aren't overclocking go with the straight 6600.

on amazon the 6600k(237) is actually more expensive than the 7600k (235) only by 2$ you should just go with the newest considering the prices are so close. If you really aren't going to overclock, you don't need a K series. in which case the 6600 (214) is 10$ cheaper than the 7600 (224)

not really sure why this is a question? 7600k

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

it's a question because I'm trying to save as much money as possible. Thanks for the input and I'm getting the k version because microcenter doesn't sell the non k version. Also I might overclock later on when I get more comfortable. 

3 minutes ago, Leftymonroe08 said:

it's a question because I'm trying to save as much money as possible. Thanks for the input and I'm getting the k version because microcenter doesn't sell the non k version. Also I might overclock later on when I get more comfortable. 

Why microcenter? See if other stores sell non K for cheaper?

microcenter gives me either 20 to 30 bucks off the motherboard. The CPU are usually the same prices as Newegg and other places.