Browsers and Windows 10 Anniversary update

Kylie
Go to solution Solved by 2FA,
1 minute ago, Kylie said:

Update, loaded up 3 games, and it worked. 

Thinking the GPU driver got updated and needs a clean reinstall maybe. Before I do that what would your opinion be? Thanks for the help btw. 

From my experience with Windows 10 never trust the automatically downloaded GPU drivers. I've had several issues with them in the past.

Make sure you use Display Driver Uninstaller to properly remove the entirety of the drivers so that there isn't anything left over that may cause issues. 

Then just get the latest version from Nvidia's website. If you use Steam in-home streaming, use a slightly older version since the latest has issues with that.

OS: Windows 10 64bit version 1607 (Forced update even when defer upgrade was enabled)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 3.9GHz

GPU: Asus GTX 950 2GB
RAM: 8GBs HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P-D3

Issue: On startup when launching chrome it will have a chance to full freeze up forcing a restart of the system. 
Or when watching video, random crashes of WebGL when launching games for more than 5 seconds.  

Other browsers including Edge, ie11, Firefox and chrome all have serious issues now as well. Pages fail to load and videos will end up crashing the browser entirely, freezing or locking up the system. 

Any clues or ideas other than re-installing windows? 

use firefox or reinstall windows 7

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

1 minute ago, twoSalty said:

"Other than reinstalling windows"

Edit post. 

my first question is why are you using a pentium with a 950?

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

2 minutes ago, twoSalty said:

my first question is why are you using a pentium with a 950?

Off topic. 

3 minutes ago, twoSalty said:

That was literally the least helpful post I've seen in a week.

OP have you tried reinstall Chrome? Also do you have hardware acceleration turned on?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That was literally the least helpful post I've seen in a week.

OP have you tried reinstall Chrome? Also do you have hardware acceleration turned on?

1. Agreed. 
2. Chrome was reinstalled and rolled back to a later version didn't help.
3. Hardware acceleration is checked. 

1. Agreed. 
2. Chrome was reinstalled and rolled back to a later version didn't help.
3. Hardware acceleration is checked. 

Try disabling hardware acceleration and see if there is any effect. 

When it's enabled, it makes use of your GPU to assist in rendering web pages. It might be caused by your GPU drivers for some reason.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

When it's enabled, it makes use of your GPU to assist in rendering web pages. It might be caused by your GPU drivers for some reason.

Testing. .... 

8 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Thinking the GPU driver got updated and needs a clean reinstall maybe. Before I do that what would your opinion be? Thanks for the help btw. 

From my experience with Windows 10 never trust the automatically downloaded GPU drivers. I've had several issues with them in the past.

Make sure you use Display Driver Uninstaller to properly remove the entirety of the drivers so that there isn't anything left over that may cause issues. 

Then just get the latest version from Nvidia's website. If you use Steam in-home streaming, use a slightly older version since the latest has issues with that.

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Thank you. going to try updating the driver from GF Experience with clean install and if that doesn't work I'll do like you said with DDU.