Dead laptop?

bgibbz

I'm fairly certain my laptop died, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15z 5523. Usually it just sits in my house for when I'm not at my desktop, but I needed it for a project so I brought it to school. It worked fine in the morning and during school, but when I got home, it would not power on. I plugged it in, still nothing. There was no status lights lit up, no fans powering on, absolutely no indication that the pc was receiving power in any way. I tested the power cord, it seems to work fine. I took apart the laptop, nothing was physical nocked loose, and I tried manually pressing the power button that is soldered on, still nothing.  Thinking that the motherboard died, but any other suggestions?

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2 hours ago, bgibbz said:

I'm fairly certain my laptop died, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15z 5523. Usually it just sits in my house for when I'm not at my desktop, but I needed it for a project so I brought it to school. It worked fine in the morning and during school, but when I got home, it would not power on. I plugged it in, still nothing. There was no status lights lit up, no fans powering on, absolutely no indication that the pc was receiving power in any way. I tested the power cord, it seems to work fine. I took apart the laptop, nothing was physical nocked loose, and I tried manually pressing the power button that is soldered on, still nothing.  Thinking that the motherboard died, but any other suggestions?

Was it raining or anything when you were going home? I doubt that did anything, but you never know.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Was it raining or anything when you were going home? I doubt that did anything, but you never know.

Wasn't raining. The most likely damage from school would be physical damage, my bag gets tossed around a bit, but the laptop was in a padded pocket and I didn't notice any physical damage inside or out. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Wasn't raining. The most likely damage from school would be physical damage, my bag gets tossed around a bit, but the laptop was in a padded pocket and I didn't notice any physical damage inside or out. 

Do you have any other RAM or another HDD to test it with?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Do you have any other RAM or another HDD to test it with?

No, but I tested the hdd on my desktop, and I have tried each ram module alone. Il try to borrow a stick of ram from a friend. 

No, but I tested the hdd on my desktop, and I have tried each ram module alone. Il try to borrow a stick of ram from a friend. 

Highly doubt it, but maybe there is an issue with the power button? Try pressing it on the motherboard, don't use the plastic bit on the body.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Highly doubt it, but maybe there is an issue with the power button? Try pressing it on the motherboard, don't use the plastic bit on the body.

Already tried, no luck. 

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No luck :(