Custom Speaker Creation

toastythomas

I've been developing this plan for some custom speakers and I came here just to confirm that this will work.

I extracted two speakers and a control box from an old gaming chair. I plan on inserting the drivers to some wood and making a nice housing for them. To avoid cable clutter, I want to have the back of the housing have a 3.5mm female jack so that I can have the left and right on seperate 3.5mm cables coming from the control box. If I pick up these, http://a.co/2C8j1ab , one for each housing and wire them to the driver, I will be able to run 3.5mm audio cables from the control box to the speakers. I'm really sorry if you don't understand this. I am not wording it well. Let me know if you need more detail.

Untitled.png

Remember to drink water!

Bad idea. You will need to know Theil/small parameters or other info in order to build a proper box for them to make them sound remotely good.

And you need to know how to properly build a speaker box (not just screwing some pieces of wood together).

And know proper dampening, crossover (if applicable), and more.

Its not as simple as throwing the drivers into a box.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

9 minutes ago, spwath said:

Bad idea. You will need to know Theil/small parameters or other info in order to build a proper box for them to make them sound remotely good.

And you need to know how to properly build a speaker box (not just screwing some pieces of wood together).

And know proper dampening, crossover (if applicable), and more.

Its not as simple as throwing the drivers into a box.

Besides the sound quality, will this work? I know this is really cringey to an audiophile like you but I just want them to exist.

Remember to drink water!

1 minute ago, toastythomas said:

Besides the sound quality, will this work? I know this is really cringey to an audiophile like you but I just want them to exist.

yes.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

56 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

I've been developing this plan for some custom speakers and I came here just to confirm that this will work.

I extracted two speakers and a control box from an old gaming chair. I plan on inserting the drivers to some wood and making a nice housing for them. To avoid cable clutter, I want to have the back of the housing have a 3.5mm female jack so that I can have the left and right on seperate 3.5mm cables coming from the control box. If I pick up these, http://a.co/2C8j1ab , one for each housing and wire them to the driver, I will be able to run 3.5mm audio cables from the control box to the speakers. I'm really sorry if you don't understand this. I am not wording it well. Let me know if you need more detail.

Untitled.png

Do these speakers have power plugs or is this control box thingy a amplifier?

15 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Do these speakers have power plugs or is this control box thingy a amplifier?

Theres a 9v input on the control box thingy. The speakers just have speaker wire to them.

Remember to drink water!