Hitachi lost partition?

AT0MAC

I have a HGST hdn724040ale640, their 4TB 64mb cache variant of the Hitachi NAS drives.
Now today after I turned on my PC, Windows told me it could no longer find the drive.

When I look in Disk Management the drive shows up as Not Initialized with the full available storage. Disk Management can not look up the partition table and gives a I/O error when I try to do anything with the un-initialized avaliable space.

I have looked here to see what to do and am searching for lost partitions at the moment. Been doing that for about 3 hours now and if I continue with the same speed I be done in about 8 years time..... yes, years!

4TB is not a joke.

Is the drive dead or should I really wait till the search is over?
Hopefully it will soon show something and be done searching..... just its a waste of time if the drive is dead.

Before doing this the drive made little ticking noises when it was accessed but all seemed fine.

My Gaming PC: 27833

never mind, i used parted magic tool box and via testdisk i found a read error in one of the sectors the drive could not pass. also smart errors in gparted looked pretty serious.

drive is fried. have not really done anything bad to it, only used it for a few days and it already gone defect. have had it a few months laying on a shelf though... maybe it got angry about being under utilized...

have signed it up for RMA at hitachi, but can not wait to fix this so am now using a tiny 500GB toshiba as a replacement, untill my new Seagate IronWolf 4TB arrives on tuesday. Whenever this hitachi comes back I will see what to do with it, maybe it again will go back and be stored on a shelf.

My Gaming PC: 27833