Reputable SD sources?

Con

SD cards and other portable flash memory alike has so often been a source of fake max capacities or chips that seem to just die quickly.

Does anyone know of any reliable sources for buying SD cards that have the specs advertised and a long life?

I'm specifically looking for a cheap 2GB microSD card for my MP3 player and a couple 128GB microSD cards for my cameras.

Any help is much appreciated!

1 minute ago, Con said:

SD cards and other portable flash memory alike has so often been a source of fake max capacities or chips that seem to just die quickly.

Does anyone know of any reliable sources for buying SD cards that have the specs advertised and a long life?

I'm specifically looking for a cheap 2GB microSD card for my MP3 player and a couple 128GB microSD cards for my cameras.

Any help is much appreciated!

Might be a little hard to get anything smaller than 4GB these days unless it's new old stock but Sandisk cards are considered to be some of the best, I've have a few of those that have been running for multiple years without issue.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Might be a little hard to get anything smaller than 4GB these days unless it's new old stock but Sandisk cards are considered to be some of the best, I've have a few of those that have been running for multiple years without issue.

Well these days capacities have increased a lot and prices have gone down. I don't mind how large it is, I'm just looking for about £6 on a Micro SD for the MP3 player, and what ever the higher capacity cards will cost for my camera things.

I dont know where you can buy in UK but you tube has a ton of videos where people have documented their fake cards. There is also an android app that will tell you if your SD card is fake

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, Con said:

Well these days capacities have increased a lot and prices have gone down. I don't mind how large it is, I'm just looking for about £6 on a Micro SD for the MP3 player, and what ever the higher capacity cards will cost for my camera things.

For generic use regular Ultra cards are good but if your shooting video in 4K or high FPS and such you will require the high speed cards for the larger number of writes to the card itself, in those cases large SD cards are a good option so they won't need to be changed out as often. I would suggest to check your device if that is the case to see what the minimum requirements they recommend for the SD cards.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Android-microSDHC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B013UDL5RU/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1485560985&sr=1-4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LRX4BIU/ref=twister_B01MQKMXAU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

22 hours ago, Con said:

You can get a 2GB micro SD card for £2 from CeX as long as you have a branch nearby, and as for the bigger card you'll be looking at anything between £50 and £190 for a 128GB sandisk depending on if you want the ultra version or the extreme version.