Discord for programmers

Factorvsky

Hey there,

I wanted to start up a discord for programmers of all experiences. The idea is that it provides a cool place for a bunch of people to hang out and talk about code/PC's in general. If you have a problem with your code, you could post it in the text chat whoever is available could help out the best they can. There's no obligations that come along with it and it's free! It's for any type of code, whether it be mobile or for PC use, there's rooms for either. If you're interested, or have any questions respond to this post or send me a message! Thanks in advance!

there are already many channels like this.

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

5 minutes ago, twoSalty said:

there are already many channels like this.

Well I started this with the intent of using it for my friends mostly, but I thought why not open it up to people with some more experience. That would be really cool to have some people with some more experience as I'm just a CS student as of right now

3 hours ago, mattbatc said:

Well I started this with the intent of using it for my friends mostly, but I thought why not open it up to people with some more experience. That would be really cool to have some people with some more experience as I'm just a CS student as of right now

its in irc chat since the 80's. have a look at free node. there will be a channel for the api you are working with

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I really wonder why people think there is a need for Slack and Discord while there's the IRC. Do they need pretty pictures?

Write in C.

According to your links, the whole thing is "I need pretty pictures and clicky stuff" indeed.

Sigh.

Youngsters.

Write in C.

I am grumpy because some of the projects I try to contribute to already require me to have Slack installed because the IRC was too complicated. Because there is a command to invite someone, not a shiny button. Wheee.

I can't see a reason not to be grumpy, especially here in a thread where the OP assumes that Discord would be a good solution while not even considering the IRC. Replacing well-established technologies for no obvious reason can only be explained with hipness. And that makes me, being a tech, lose all faith.

I repeat: Sigh.

Write in C.