Problems with upload

Promilf

Why do these results end up so diffrent? I'm paying for a 100mbs upload and download.

OIpdb5wL2.png

5997000052.png

The diffrence is pretty big, I tryed testing on my laptop aswell on the wifi and got 3 Mbps in testmy and about 50 mb/s in speedtest. My friend tested his aswell and had about the same on speed test and 6mbps on testmy. Our computers are wired to the router, and the laptop is using the wifi. So the real question is why do I end up with a much lower upload on Testmy than my laptop and my friends computer?

Are you comparing two computers or the two speedtest services?

1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits

Computers r fun

you are paying for UP-TO 100 MBPS... seldom are you guaranteed a certain speed.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

4 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Are you comparing two computers or the two speedtest services?

1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits

These are tests from my computer only

1 minute ago, Promilf said:

These are tests from my computer only

So different test services use different servers, have different settings, and measure differently. Some use megabytes and others use megabits.

Computers r fun

1 hour ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

So different test services use different servers, have different settings, and measure differently. Some use megabytes and others use megabits.

Should the diffrance be That big? Because we are talking 100's of times better on speedtest, and my friend is getting the dubble of What i'm getting on testmy.net, I just feel like the diffrance between 54 mb/s Vs 230 kB/s is so big That there has to be something wrong

1 hour ago, Promilf said:

Should the diffrance be That big? Because we are talking 100's of times better on speedtest, and my friend is getting the dubble of What i'm getting on testmy.net, I just feel like the diffrance between 54 mb/s Vs 230 kB/s is so big That there has to be something wrong

100 Megabits/s = 12.5 megabytes/s

Computers r fun

51 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

100 Megabits/s = 12.5 megabytes/s

Exactly my point, I should be getting 12.5 megabytes/s but I'm getting 226kb/s or if we wanna do it in bits its 100 Megabits on speedtest compered to the 1.6 on Testmy.net. There is definitely something wrong and thats what I needed help to understand, Could it be a hardware issue or a software issue? Also my friend did the same tests with diffrent results, We tryed with using the same cable connected to the same router and he had 3 times faster connection on Testmy.net than what I could do on my computer