I need help with my Home Wifi setup! Please!

MumbleCakes

Hello everyone,

First of all I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing everything correctly so far. But anyways I have too many Access points. I have 4 Wifi SSID's setup. I have one for my modem/router combo from Xfinity, A 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz SSID from my router, and I have another connection from my new Ubiquit Pro AP that I just got. I want only one connection instead of 4, and I was wondering if there was a way to setup my other access points to work on the same connection. Like one SSID but they all transmit the same connection so I can have like 1 really strong Wifi setup. I think I get decent Wifi considering the dozens of connections that are in the area since I live an a cramped apartment complex. But I want to optimize my Wifi setup. Any solutions are greatly appreciated, Thanks!

If you configure all AP to use the same SSID, the same password and same Bandwith (2,4 GHz or 5 Ghz). Your Mobiles will automatically connect to the nearest AP available. Disadvantage is that your Mobile devices will hold on to the AP they are connected, even if another AP is nearer. This might be a pain if your mobile devices move around a lot. But on the other hand, professional hardware will cost you a lot!

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

Thanks for responding. This is very interesting I will try and set it up this way. Does that mean if I'm like on a Skype call will the call drop if I switch to the other AP? And what would this "professional hardware" be useful for? Is it really expensive? Thanks!

Yes you will have a short disconnection from the internet at the moment your mobile switches the APs. Maybe Skype isn't that sensitive with short drops, never tried it. In streaming services you shouldn't notice anything. Give it a try.

Well, the Company Ubiquiti try the software solution with "zero handsoff". But don't seem to have many success with that...

If you want to follow: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Zero-Handoff-on-UAP-AC/idc-p/1740223#M7423

Professional Hardware would be f.e. from Cisco. But if you count all hardware together you will be spending 3000$+

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

Thanks again. Also if I setup all my APs to have the same SSID and password. Does that mean that when I look up for networks to connect to will I see only one SSID instead of 4? If I connect to one access point, will that mean that I will automatically connect to the other 3 APs that share the same SSID? Also can I put the same SSID for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz Networks?

No Problem.

You will see only one Wifi SSID (f.e. "Home") and connect to it. At the first connection, it will connect to the nearest AP. If you move around and it can't connect to the first AP anymore, it will connect to the next nearest AP. With a short internet drop.

I am not 100% sure, but when you create 2 SSIDs f.e. "Home",one with 2,4 and one with 5 ghz, I think it will show you 2x "Home".

My Setup: