White glow behind text on my secondary monitor

savedan
Go to solution Solved by pwn_intended,

Hmmmm, well since that is digital, picture quality cannot degrade through the cable. Leads me to believe that the monitor is on its way out then. HDMI should provide the better picture quality, but it doesn't hurt to try VGA again.

Before junking it, go through the monitor's on-screen menu and play with all the settings to see if you cant make the picture better.

I have an maybe 7 years old monitor I used with my old computer. I haven´t used it for a while. Now i hooked it up to my pc as a secondary monitor, but it has some weird glow around the text and it is hurting my eyes. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

VGA cable? Make sure that the cable is firmly plugged in on both ends. Try a different VGA cable if the problem persists.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

VGA cable? Make sure that the cable is firmly plugged in on both ends. Try a different VGA cable if the problem persists.

HDMI cable

I had a VGA before. Can it be because I changed to HDMI?

Hmmmm, well since that is digital, picture quality cannot degrade through the cable. Leads me to believe that the monitor is on its way out then. HDMI should provide the better picture quality, but it doesn't hurt to try VGA again.

Before junking it, go through the monitor's on-screen menu and play with all the settings to see if you cant make the picture better.

When in doubt, re-format.

3 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Thanks