Monitor Stuttering

LZ Holy Narwhal

I am running a 27" AOC G2770PF and it has been running well until yesterday. Yesterday, it began to stutter and..the speakers played this kind of popping sound for a second, like it was cutting out. So I turned off my computer, unplugged the displayport cable, cleaned the computer and everything else, and replugged everything, and it was working fine. However, just this morning, it did it again for a second, to the point where my whole screen went black for a second, and sound cut off as well (monitor speakers). What could the problem be??

I should note that this did not happen just during gaming, but also while I was on YouTube.

What connection are you using? HDMI and external GPU?

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

13 hours ago, Mike87 said:

What connection are you using? HDMI and external GPU?

I'm using a DisplayPort on the Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC.

14 hours ago, LZ Holy Narwhal said:

I am running a 27" AOC G2770PF and it has been running well until yesterday. Yesterday, it began to stutter and..the speakers played this kind of popping sound for a second, like it was cutting out. So I turned off my computer, unplugged the displayport cable, cleaned the computer and everything else, and replugged everything, and it was working fine. However, just this morning, it did it again for a second, to the point where my whole screen went black for a second, and sound cut off as well (monitor speakers). What could the problem be??

I should note that this did not happen just during gaming, but also while I was on YouTube.

Sounds like a power surge to me. Not sure if it's correct or not thou.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System