Help with bios

Go to solution Solved by Bwithnewcast,
22 hours ago, exercutor5 said:

So what if it is a laptop? If you don't want to take our advice of resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, then good luck with what you want to do with it. And even if you need to use the laptop, how long would this process of dismantling and then reassembling even take? Like what, 1 hour tops. You're not gonna be face glued to the screen for 25 hours a day ain't you.

Yes i understand but i was wondering if there was some sort of other way, but yeah i am going to clear cmos

I have my old school pc and i thought i should wipe it but it is blocked by a bios password and i cant run anny exe file (not even cmd) and i need help with how i can remove the bios password, it is a hp probook 470, so a cmos clear is not an option

Do you have any specs on the pc?

If it is a desktop, clearing the CMOS could work. Removing the CMOS battery could too.

1 minute ago, Fancyland said:

Do you have any specs on the pc?

If it is a desktop, clearing the CMOS could work. Removing the CMOS battery could too.

It is as i mentioned a hp probook 470... Its not a desktop

there should always be a cmos battery though. you just have to access the board.

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

3 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

there should always be a cmos battery though. you just have to access the board.

Its not that easy...

13 hours ago, Bwithnewcast said:

Its not that easy...

Just follow the manual from HP, it will tell you how, even if the CMOS battery is on the other side of the motherboard.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

14 hours ago, exercutor5 said:

Just follow the manual from HP, it will tell you how, even if the CMOS battery is on the other side of the motherboard.

First of all it is a laptop and second of all i need to use the pc, so dismanteling is not an option

3 hours ago, Bwithnewcast said:

First of all it is a laptop and second of all i need to use the pc, so dismanteling is not an option

So what if it is a laptop? If you don't want to take our advice of resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, then good luck with what you want to do with it. And even if you need to use the laptop, how long would this process of dismantling and then reassembling even take? Like what, 1 hour tops. You're not gonna be face glued to the screen for 25 hours a day ain't you.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

22 hours ago, exercutor5 said:

Yes i understand but i was wondering if there was some sort of other way, but yeah i am going to clear cmos