Very Happy With Private Internet Access VPN/Proxy.

spiralfuzion

So I'm just letting people know that as a nice starter vpn that PIA (Private Internet Access) seems to be working fine. Now I'm not a huge network junky but from what I can tell I can browse the web a lot safer and privately. I especially like the fact that the service allows up to 5 different devices at a time. All their servers are p2p (torrent) friendly. Also with a bunch of configurations with ports and the included proxy (Which is nice) I got near my 280mb/s. 40USD a year is a steal honestly and they offer AES-128 and AES-256 encryption.

I did some research on the science behind the type of encryption (due to the fact I'm new to networking) but they offer Data Authentication SHA-1 and SHA-256 (Of which I will learn more about). Also Handshakes such as RSA-2048, RSA-3072, RSA-4096 and a variety of ECC handshakes. I'm sorry this is new to me but I guess it'll mean something to you guys. They have a wide variety of servers but sadly they have removed themselves from russia due to server raids/compromises so they opted out of the country entirely. (A little sad I couldn't play csgo with Russians)  They also run a kill switch which i use rarely but is very useful when browsing the web. But when using p2p services I just use their included proxy. I'm very new to networking (if that's the word for it probably not) so if there are things you guys would like me to see to further help my understanding on how data encryption, handshakes and data authentication let me know. TechQuickie doesn't give details so I'd like to see this in more detail.  

Never go with SHA-1 my phone legit doesn't let me use those websites. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

As much interesting this all is I can only think of VPN being useful for normal users is when your ISP is traffic-shaping your connection or when you want to access certain region locked servers.

I thought my ISP was fucking up my Youtube and Crunchyroll connections and I got a VPN. Turns out 1 of the 3 servers I can connect to youtube in my country is always fucked up and Crunchyroll had traffic problems for everyone.

1 minute ago, 3vitor said:

As much interesting this all is I can only think of VPN being useful for normal users is when your ISP is traffic-shaping your connection or when you want to access certain region locked servers.

I thought my ISP was fucking up my Youtube and Crunchyroll connections and I got a VPN. Turns out 1 of the 3 servers I can connect to youtube in my country is always fucked up and Crunchyroll had traffic problems for everyone.

it'll help with that alright the only issue is Netflix. It seems that they have pretty much blocked all vpns or most of the major ones. I hear that a smart dns service (Which seems to be separate from vpns) can fix that. But I'm not sure why netflix is going through the struggle to stop other people outside their countries to watch via other countries. Golly netflix. 

5 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

But I'm not sure why netflix is going through the struggle to stop other people outside their countries to watch via other countries. Golly netflix. 

Legal problems definitely. 

1 minute ago, 3vitor said:

Legal problems definitely. 

Honestly I'll be upgrading to express vpn in a few months and they have a huge chance of success and are honestly the best vpn service i've come across. They're also adding new servers all the time. Honestly the 100USD for  a year is worth it. But I'll be trying pia for more p2p stuff. also I'll see how the smart dns feature works and see if that's a plausible means to get to other netflix regions. That and I'll try a variety of smart dns services. 

7 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

it'll help with that alright the only issue is Netflix. It seems that they have pretty much blocked all vpns or most of the major ones. I hear that a smart dns service (Which seems to be separate from vpns) can fix that. But I'm not sure why netflix is going through the struggle to stop other people outside their countries to watch via other countries. Golly netflix. 

They have contracts with traditional TVs companies. For example SouthPark once had a website that streamed shows but it was blocked to nz visitors because one of our tv companies bought exclusive rights to broadcast. There's also different prices and censorship in different regions. In practice it forces people to pirate. Game of thrones was the number one most popular pirated show in nz coz it took about two or three years for a broadcast company to buy the rights to it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_