It is Upgrade time

Matt_Toeltl

Since my GTX 570 is showing signs of wanting to die its time to do a upgrade to my system because 55 idle with the fan at 75% blast. The plan is get a 760 of some sort (since i really dont care about blinging everything to the gills) Anyways im not here to help with picking out the card, What i am looking for is cooling ideas/air flow in my Vengence C70, Fan upgrades/placement since i am looking at the MSI Gaming/Hawk or the Gigabyte Windforce

Right now I have 2 swiftech helix fans attached to my H100i exhausting (keeping me around 55c load temps), 2 Hyperbosa 120mm intake on the side window and the 3 stock fans that the C70 come with in the stock config.

Ahead of time i thank everyone for their advice and support!

Thanks

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

nothing wrong/bad with your cooling, that card, i would suggest maybe looking into benchmarks and features and such...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Since my GTX 570 is showing signs of wanting to die its time to do a upgrade to my system because 55 idle with the fan at 75% blast. The plan is get a 760 of some sort (since i really dont care about blinging everything to the gills) Anyways im not here to help with picking out the card, What i am looking for is cooling ideas/air flow in my Vengence C70, Fan upgrades/placement since i am looking at the MSI Gaming/Hawk or the Gigabyte Windforce

Right now I have 2 swiftech helix fans attached to my H100i exhausting (keeping me around 55c load temps), 2 Hyperbosa 120mm intake on the side window and the 3 stock fans that the C70 come with in the stock config.

Ahead of time i thank everyone for their advice and support!

Thanks

Promise me you will make a inspirational video with inspirational music of you pulling out the card throwing to the floor and popping in he new card

Promise me you will make a inspirational video with inspirational music of you pulling out the card throwing to the floor and popping in he new card

Wasn't planning on it but i will now that you asked

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

You can add a 140 as intake, an AF140 perhaps.. is doing a great job keeping cool the hdd's and it is super quiet! 

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

You can add a 140 as intake, an AF140 perhaps.. is doing a great job keeping cool the hdd's and it is super quiet! 

The AF140 isn't super quiet. Look at Xigmatek, Noctua, or Prolimatech for some quiet 140mm's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Noiseblocker black silent pros come with high regards from SigularityComputers

That's a lot of fans.

I have a MSI gaming 760, it's powerful and quiet at the same time.  I would definitely recommend it.  I have 2 140mm intakes and 1 140mm exhaust and it does a great job at cooling everything.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

THE veangeance  c70 is a great case with good air flow designed into it the msi 760 hawk edition should have no problems

That's a lot of fans.

I have a MSI gaming 760, it's powerful and quiet at the same time.  I would definitely recommend it.  I have 2 140mm intakes and 1 140mm exhaust and it does a great job at cooling everything.

Often less is more. 

A simple front intake and rear exhaust works best. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I forgot the front has 140mm mounts on it not sure if i should upgrade the side fans to 140s as well. And also thinking of swapping the helix fans on the h100i

I forgot the front has 140mm mounts on it not sure if i should upgrade the side fans to 140s as well. And also thinking of swapping the helix fans on the h100i

Why swap the fans?

Best to have no side fans and to cover up the panel unless your gpu is getting very hot. 

Again, front intake to rear exhaust is best with nothing else to disrupt the airflow.

Why swap the fans?

Best to have no side fans and to cover up the panel unless your gpu is getting very hot. 

Again, front intake to rear exhaust is best with nothing else to disrupt the airflow.

Thanks for the input WoodenMarker i just got done redoing all the wiring (most of it) i am waiting on a fan splitter  cable to show up so i can finish but i will post pics of it here later when i have time to upload them and make better notes on it

BTW any good suggestions on where to upload them to for sharing

Thanks for the input WoodenMarker i just got done redoing all the wiring (most of it) i am waiting on a fan splitter  cable to show up so i can finish but i will post pics of it here later when i have time to upload them and make better notes on it

BTW any good suggestions on where to upload them to for sharing

imgur and gyazo are good so you can link the url. It takes the load off of the forum's server. You could always just upload it to the forum though. 

Alright here we go

Build with pretty much everything stripped out.

Yev2ulrs.jpg

I was able to get some rubber washers to put onto the back of my H100i backplate to make the block fit better onto my processor

reHw7Eml.jpg lczC4Uwl.jpg

Everything put back in and cleaned up wires

2L5NnaSl.jpg

I think for not having a modular power supply the cable management came out extremely well

now all that is left is waiting for the GTX 760 swap the cards and enjoy