Mobo and Case help.

so i am planning my new pc build and i wanted to get some opinions on motherboards for kaby lake, and nvme ssd performance.

the list so far is https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hellspaw3200/saved/HrqBmG

i want to keep the processor, the 960 pro ssd, and the video card. everything else is open, obviously i want to get a overclocking motherboard, and i am planning on doing watercooling.

For ease of help. i am in the us, so usd is my currency :P

I want to spend around 2000 to 2500 dollars on the actual pc, the watercooling is already accounted for.
the pc is going to be for video making, gaming all kinds from minecraft to crysis 3, some programming, and lite 3d work.

i want to use 3 monitors eventually but 2 i think i wanna get 1440p monitors at 120hz
i will be using a nice mechanical gaming keyboard, and gaming mouse, already selected.
and i am upgrading because i am running a 2009 craptop :P

3 minutes ago, crissyfox said:

so i am planning my new pc build and i wanted to get some opinions on motherboards for kaby lake, and nvme ssd performance.

the list so far is https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hellspaw3200/saved/HrqBmG

i want to keep the processor, the 960 pro ssd, and the video card. everything else is open, obviously i want to get a overclocking motherboard, and i am planning on doing watercooling.

Are you on budget ? 

For Motherboard , get the Z270 Asus mobo , any variant is fine but I like the durable one .

2 minutes ago, Jiaweeeee said:

Are you on budget ? 

For Motherboard , get the Z270 Asus mobo , any variant is fine but I like the durable one .

i edited my post while you were posting XP

Well if you are going with water cooling in the future, you should concider some big case. Like Fractal design S. I'm using that case and you can have 2x 360mm rad in it + tons of space and possibilities for pump mount. It's great case for water cooling. Check it out if you like the looks of it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

i should also add that i would like to be able to have usb 3 type c as well, hopefully in the front or top, since that is going to be the easiest way for me to connect my type c stuff to my desktop. That fractal design s looks really nice.

if you want a more show off case i'd recommend a phanteks entoo evolv with tempered glass or a fractal design S. for PSU i would go with a corsair rm750X + a cablemod extention kit in the color you preferr.

and finally the mobo is a hard one for me to choose for you, since a mobo makes up a big part of the coloring scheme of the build. personally i really like the new msi z270 pro carbon AC or the asus PRIME Z270A if you like the white accents on the board.

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

17 minutes ago, TommyW2061 said:

if you want a more show off case i'd recommend a phanteks entoo evolv with tempered glass or a fractal design S. for PSU i would go with a corsair rm750X + a cablemod extention kit in the color you preferr.

and finally the mobo is a hard one for me to choose for you, since a mobo makes up a big part of the coloring scheme of the build. personally i really like the new msi z270 pro carbon AC or the asus PRIME Z270A if you like the white accents on the board.

i was thinking of doing white and another color. but i will work around with the colors, i am not too familiar with m.2 ssd's so i dont want to inadvertently end up throttling it.