Final check before build

Hi all,

So i'm going to have my first gaming PC build, and I just wanted a quick check on the parts I chose. The builder helped me pick the parts so I guess it will be fine, however as a budget bound student I can't afford any wrong purchases :P . 

So here are the parts I picked.

parts list:

• CPU:             Intel core i5-6500                                         
  • MoBO:          MSI B150i Gaming Pro Aura (*)
  • GPU:            MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC
  • CPU fan:      Cooler Master Hyper 412S
  • RAM:            Crucial CT2K8G4DFD8213 (2x 8gb @2.133 Ghz) (MoBo suppurts up to the 2.133 Ghz speed)
  • PSU:            Cooler Master GM G550M
  • SSD:            Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
  • Case:            Fractal Design Nano S Windowed (*)

Further Info:

- Added in later stage: a m.2 SSD, probably 500Gb for extra & faster storage.

- I want a SSD only build.

- I did look into the RX480 8gb model but for several reasons I decided upon the GTX1060 6GB. 

My question:

- Are these parts compatible?

Thanks to everyone in advance :) 

*I decided to change the case and MoBo; i really like the Nano S' design, and love windowed pc's. Therefore I also changed the MoBo, its the same MoBo as first, only about 10 bucks more expensive because it has lights. I thought this would look nicer in the Nano S with a window :D

Give us your location and budget.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

what you mich want to do is swap the 850 evo 500gb for a smaller 850 evo 250gb or the m.2 your wanting unless you need 500gb boot disk and then get a 1tb or 2tb hard drive for mass storage

is windows counted in the cost?

48 minutes ago, zeszeszes said:

Hi all,

So i'm going to have my first gaming PC build, and I just wanted a quick check on the parts I chose. The builder helped me pick the parts so I guess it will be fine, however as a budget bound student I can't afford wrong purchases :P . 

So here are the parts I picked.

parts list:

• CPU:             Intel core i5-6500                                         
  • MoBO:          MSI B150i Gaming Pro
  • GPU:            MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC
  • CPU fan:      Cooler Master Hyper 412S
  • RAM:            Crucial CT2K8G4DFD8213 (2x 8gb @2.133 Ghz) (MoBo suppurts up to the 2.133 Ghz speed)
  • PSU:            Cooler Master GM G550M
  • SSD:            Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

What case to buy? 
  • Fractal Design Core 1500
    or
  • Fractal Design Core 2500

Further Info:

- Im also getting a generic dvd player which the builder still has lying around form an old pc which i get for free :) 

- Added in later stage: a m.2 SSD, probably 500Gb for extra & faster storage

Main questions:

- Are these parts compatible?

- I found that a 550W PSU should be good. is that correct?

- I love the smaller Core 1500, it just looks better than the 2500, which one should I get? Same price, the 2500 is bigger, but everything should fit in the 1500. Is it beneficial to go for the larger case? Or should I just pick the one I like more?

- Is there anything I missed?

Thanks to everyone in advance :) 

Wattage is fine, you want a better quality one. Also, get the 480. It tends to be cheaper.

Everything is accounted for. I decided to go just with the SSD for now as 500gb will be enough for the coming months after which i'll be able to purchase the M.2 SSD. However, if I don't need it yet I won't buy it. Just waiting for a good price drop or discount.

My budget is a 1000 euro's, which almost the exact cost of this build, including assembly. and I'm from holland. 
Preferably I wouldn't change this set-up (unless something is wrong with it). I did consider the RX 480 8GB however, most games I'd like to play run better on Nvidia cards than the AMD's. (I even wanted the RX480 at first but benchmarks convinced me to switch (yes i know about the updated drivers) ).

because im not sure where you are getting your prices il use newegg.com to show what i mean

samsung 850 evo 500gb $183

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3FA2KW8151&cm_re=850_evo-_-20-147-373-_-Product

or 

samsung 850 evo 250gb $100 + WD Blue 2tb $72 total is $172 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372&cm_re=850_evo-_-20-147-372-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822235013

1 minute ago, zeszeszes said:

Everything is accounted for. I decided to go just with the SSD for now as 500gb will be enough for the coming months after which i'll be able to purchase the M.2 SSD. However, if I don't need it yet I won't buy it. Just waiting for a good price drop or discount.

My budget is a 1000 euro's, which almost the exact cost of this build, including assembly. and I'm from holland. 
Preferably I wouldn't change this set-up (unless something is wrong with it). I did consider the RX 480 8GB however, most games I'd like to play run better on Nvidia cards than the AMD's. (I even wanted the RX480 at first but benchmarks convinced me to switch (yes i know about the updated drivers) ).

That's fair enough. What european country by the way?

1 minute ago, joshfrog said:

because im not sure where you are getting your prices il use newegg.com to show what i mean

samsung 850 evo 500gb $183

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3FA2KW8151&cm_re=850_evo-_-20-147-373-_-Product

or 

samsung 850 evo 250gb $100 + WD Blue 2tb $72 total is $172 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372&cm_re=850_evo-_-20-147-372-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822235013

He's in Europe. US pricing has no relevance. 

i no i saw that just after i posted 

it could still be something to think about if the prices hold up most people wont need 500gb for a boot disk windows is bout 20-25gb and you can run games on a 2nd drive no problem 

I'm from holland ;)

So I decided on a case and changed to MoBo to better fit the case (hooray rgb lights). Just 1 question remains; will this build work? Is everything compatible?

19 hours ago, zeszeszes said:

I'm from holland ;)

So I decided on a case and changed to MoBo to better fit the case (hooray rgb lights). Just 1 question remains; will this build work? Is everything compatible?

hello fellow dutchie,

build is compatible, only switch PSU for a corsair rm550x since its fully modular.

gtx 1060 is fine since it has similair performance compared to the 480 and because its team green. :P

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.