Phone suggestions ~£230

DarkAmethyst

Hi, I'm aware there are a lot of topics on here for phone suggestions as it is, and I am going to look through some more, but thought it wouldn't hurt to start a new one since I've got a vague idea what I want anyway and mostly wanted some extra opinions, or if there were any phones I've missed.

I'm getting a new phone ideally at the end of March, which really can't cost more than £230.

So far I've been looking at getting an Asus Zenfone 2, since from what I've gathered it performs very well for the price, and I can get a 64GB model for that price. 

I was also looking at the Moto G4 Plus, it has less storage, apparently performs a little bit more poorly, and has 2GB of RAM. 

One other option was the HTC One M8, but I was thinking it's a bit on the older side now, and with the 32GB of non expandable storage. 

I'm not sure what balance of features and such I'm after, though I want the screen ideally to be 5.5", and no smaller than 5". Front facing speakers would be ideal, but I'm thinking that might be a point I'll have to compromise. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance. :) 

EDIT

I realised, it might be worth noting the only smartphones I've had before are an HTC Wildfire S, and a Vodafone Smart first 6, so, I'm figuring even a 'wrong' choice is probably still a good one :P 

Edited by DarkAmethyst
Additional info

Corsair/Asrock X51? Rig: i7-4770, 16GB DDR3, XFX RX480 8GB, Asrock Z87 Pro4, Corsair Carbide 100R, EVGA 450B, 2x Corsair SP120 Purple.

Corsair/Asrock X51? Peripherals: Dell P2210F, Acer V193, Roccat Kone Pure, Steelseries QCK+,  Logitech Media Keyboard 600, Logitech G430, Diamond Multimedia Stereo Speakers

Mah Netbook (Acer Aspire One D270): Intel Atom N2600, 2GB DDR3, 320GB HDD

g4 plus has a really good battery life zen phone 2 is the worst.  the m8 has expandable storage. i would go for the m8 as a media and everyday device, i would go for g4 as a casual device. the zenphone 2 is a phone that has to be rooted the boat is bad.

19 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

g4 plus has a really good battery life zen phone 2 is the worst.  the m8 has expandable storage. i would go for the m8 as a media and everyday device, i would go for g4 as a casual device. the zenphone 2 is a phone that has to be rooted the boat is bad.

oh, I was mistaken about the m8's storage. thanks! I know the bloat's meant to be bad on the Zenfone, but heard the worst can be uninstalled? 

Might try and keep an eye on some m8's, I'd forgotten about it having IR, which I actually want :P

Corsair/Asrock X51? Rig: i7-4770, 16GB DDR3, XFX RX480 8GB, Asrock Z87 Pro4, Corsair Carbide 100R, EVGA 450B, 2x Corsair SP120 Purple.

Corsair/Asrock X51? Peripherals: Dell P2210F, Acer V193, Roccat Kone Pure, Steelseries QCK+,  Logitech Media Keyboard 600, Logitech G430, Diamond Multimedia Stereo Speakers

Oooh, actually.. I just checked, and the HTC One M9 might be within my price bracket looking at new listings on ebay

NVM. I think I accidentally missed the '330' for '230' or something. derp. M8's looking good though... I /do/ like the idea of stereo speakers on a phone... and all metal.

Edited by DarkAmethyst