Bios boot loop , no bios logo , no post

Go to solution Solved by ShepBook,

Try pulling out all the ram and test booting it with one stick at a time, just to see if that helps. If not, it's probably the motherboard or cpu. :/

As you see in the video my PC wont start , I hit the power button and bios wont even load it's logo , I just came home from university and my brother told me he had problems with the pc , he said it would randomly shut down like a power break and immediately restart , it would boot the dell logo(bios) fine and proceed to show "start windows safe mode " and the other lines you all know. PC(windows) would work fine till the next random shut down ,

no blue screen of death , no shutting down warning , no display driver stop working or anything , and now it wont even boot the bios .He also said this happend to him (the video) but after a restart pc worked again but now no matter even this is not working.

my pc is dell optiplex 745 lga 755 , bios 2.6.6 , I tried to remove all hhd but still the same thing is happening as the video shows , I tried to reset CMOS with a blue trigger that is located in dell mob but still the same , the power button is green like normally it should be , I dont know what to do , only think I can add is that I changed the cpu (e6400) to a q6600 i bought from ebay 6-8 months ago , but not problems with (told my brother to check for temps and they were around 50) , please help and thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.

20170114_191119_CLIPCHAMP_720p.mp4

Sounds like the motherboard had died. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Try pulling out all the ram and test booting it with one stick at a time, just to see if that helps. If not, it's probably the motherboard or cpu. :/

4 minutes ago, ShepBook said:

9 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Sounds like the motherboard had died. 

the cpu fan is spinning , but i will try the ram thing and i can change the cpu tomorrow but this is the last thing i would want to do , cuz this dell cases are hard and i am not that good with pc-s

13 minutes ago, ShepBook said:

thank you , just booted the pc with one ram stick and it is working , now trying the other sticks , will keep you updated

Just now, redon said:

just booted the pc with one ram stick and it is working

Sweet! If swapping out the sticks and they each work, it might be the motherboard. If you can try different slots to see which slot might be bad and avoid that.

I'd also suggest running memtest on it when you can. That can help show errors. :)

26 minutes ago, ShepBook said:

Sweet! If swapping out the sticks and they each work, it might be the motherboard. If you can try different slots to see which slot might be bad and avoid that.

I'd also suggest running memtest on it when you can. That can help show errors. :)

thanks dude , only one ram stick is not working , now have 3gb from 4 , tried one dim slot with 3 different ram's and found the defective one , might try the other slots sometime but i dont think it is the dim's fault , had 4 gigs on 4 slots so now way of swaping anything even if i wanted,  thanks again

4 minutes ago, redon said:

thanks dude

Happy to help! You can always pick up another single RAM stick pretty cheap. It would be a good idea to do that, as I think odd numbered sticks will limit your memory speeds.

If they were all bought about the same time, I'll still suggest running a memtest on them, to make sure there isn't any other lingering issues. The free memtest86 is a good tool for that: http://www.memtest86.com/