Best GPU upgrade for these specs(and maybe some other parts.)

I currently have:

CASE: Corsair Airflow 540 //I have a pretty decent amount of room so im not too worried about something not fitting.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb

CPU: Intel Haswell i5-4670k    //havent overclocked cause im nervous about my PSU

MOBO: MSI Z87-G45

RAM: Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)  //This definitely needs to be improved and i'll probably be going for Corsair Vengeance at around 16 - 32 gb or something like that.

PSU: CORSAIR CX Series CX600 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE

EDIT: I also have a Hyper 212 EVO Aftermarket CPU Fan, 128 Samsung SSD, and a 1TB HDD. 

What do you think the best upgrade could be?
I think I need a new GPU, PSU so i can overclock my CPU, and new RAM.

How far do you think i'd be able to future proof depending on what I get?

The budget is pretty lenient, but I'm not gonna be spending 2-3 grand on a grpahics card or anything like that. 
If there is a prereq for an upgrade, please let me know. (Like getting a new psu so i can handle the power demand of a new gpu, something like that.)

Thanks in advance. 

.//Adept

Edited by .//Adept
Needed to add in some small details.

4 minutes ago, .//Adept said:

I currently have:

CASE: Corsair Airflow 540 //I have a pretty decent amount of room so im not too worried about something not fitting.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb

CPU: Intel Haswell i5-4670k    //havent overclocked cause im nervous about my PSU

What resolution do you plan to game at ?

4k = Get GTX 1080

1440p = Get GTX 1070 ( or 1080)

1080p @ High Refresh Rates = GTX 1070.

1080p @ 60Hz = Get GTX 1070 if you can, but a GTX 1060 with 6GB will do if money is too tight.

Your CPU will be fine ... except maybe at 4k.

Your PSU looks ok.

I'd go with 2x4GB more. Don't need to buy a whole 4x4GB stick kit as I doubt you can use quad-channel and even if ye did you could lay that money towards an SSD.

After that a EVO 212 so you can clock your card to 5GHz.

Low cost, high value upgrading.

Start looking at an RMx PSU, wait for a good deal. Like there's no hurry but that PSU is getting a little old I'd guess.

AMD will be throwing out their new GPU any month now, maybe wait for that if you can?

Excuse my broken keyboard

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

SSD - Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

HDD - WD Black 4TB

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

Case is fine

GPU: Best value right now would be RX480 for AMD or 1070 for Nvidia (1060 6GB is also a great choice if 1070 is a little too pricey)

Mobo is fine

CPU is fine, just grab a decent cooler (Hyper 212 Evo for example)

RAM: If possible just get another 2 x 4GB kit of the same stuff, changing to corsair won't make it any quicker. If your adamant or want 32GB then Corsair is a great choice.

PSU: The CX has a bad rep but given 600w is way more than you need for your system your in no danger. Leave it be and put the money towards a better GPU.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Rohime said:

What resolution do you plan to game at ?

4k = Get GTX 1080

1440p = Get GTX 1070 ( or 1080)

1080p @ High Refresh Rates = GTX 1070.

1080p @ 60Hz = Get GTX 1070 if you can, but a GTX 1060 with 6GB will do if money is too tight.

Your CPU will be fine ... except maybe at 4k.

Your PSU looks ok.

Well, for now I guess im only at 1080p. Don't you need a new monitor for 4k? I wonder how much those go for. 
You don't think im stressing the PSU? 
It looks like the 1080 is pretty good.

1 minute ago, Petoovee said:

I'd go with 2x4GB more. Don't need to buy a whole 4x4GB stick kit as I doubt you can use quad-channel and even if ye did you could lay that money towards an SSD.

After that a EVO 212 so you can clock your card to 5GHz.

Low cost, high value upgrading.

If you mean the hyper 212 EVO aftermarket fan cooler for the CPU, I have that. I also have an SSD and 1tb HDD, but thank you!
Will overclocking the gpu help with ram deficits? 

4 minutes ago, .//Adept said:

Well, for now I guess im only at 1080p. Don't you need a new monitor for 4k? 
You don't think im stressing the PSU? 
It looks like the 1080 is pretty good.

If you mean the hyper 212 EVO aftermarket fan cooler for the CPU, I have that. I also have an SSD and 1tb HDD, but thank you!
Will overclocking the gpu help with ram deficits? 

1 - yes, you'd need a 4k monitor to play at 4k

2 - no really stressing the PSU, as long as its a decent brand.

3 - yes, the GTX1080 is a great card... but a waste to spend for it at only 1080p@60FPS

4 - No ... GPU will NOT help with RAM deficit.   But your ram is only low if you are video rendering. 8GB is plenty for most other uses.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Case is fine

GPU: Best value right now would be RX480 for AMD or 1070 for Nvidia (1060 6GB is also a great choice if 1070 is a little too pricey)

Mobo is fine

CPU is fine, just grab a decent cooler (Hyper 212 Evo for example)

RAM: If possible just get another 2 x 4GB kit of the same stuff, changing to corsair won't make it any quicker. If your adamant or want 32GB then Corsair is a great choice.

PSU: The CX has a bad rep but given 600w is way more than you need for your system your in no danger. Leave it be and put the money towards a better GPU.

Sorry, I already have the hyper 212 evo, I probably should've mentioned that. :D 
The ram isnt sold anymore, so I was worried about mixing different ram. I figured if anything i'd just put new ram into the comp and then throw the old ram into a side project of spare parts for someone if they need a computer. 

For the PSU I always thought I was bordering too little power, this definitely makes me happy. Although it isn't modular which sucks, but oh well. 

1 minute ago, Rohime said:

1 - yes, you'd need a 4k monitor to play at 4k

2 - no really stressing the PSU, as long as its a decent brand.

3 - yes, the GTX1080 is a great card... but a waste to spend for it at only 1080p@60FPS

4 - No ... GPU will NOT help with RAM deficit.   But your ram is only low if you are video rendering. 8GB is plenty for most other uses.

I guess i'll go to 4k, and use the monitor I have now as a 2nd monitor for things like facebook while I play games or something. 
My only issue is when I play bf1 for instance, it says I dont have enough ram. This is a problem because I want to play it, but when im streaming other games I need to have a lot of things open as well like OBS, StreamLabs, web pages, etc etc. So just getting sticks of ram will fix this? 

1 minute ago, .//Adept said:

Sorry, I already have the hyper 212 evo, I probably should've mentioned that. :D 
The ram isnt sold anymore, so I was worried about mixing different ram. I figured if anything i'd just put new ram into the comp and then throw the old ram into a side project of spare parts for someone if they need a computer. 

For the PSU I always thought I was bordering too little power, this definitely makes me happy. Although it isn't modular which sucks, but oh well. 

Not even close buddy, 600w is enough to power a dual GPU system in most cases.

As for the RAM, fair enough. If you can't get it anymore then yeah, replace it and use the old stuff for something else.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, .//Adept said:

I guess i'll go to 4k, and use the monitor I have now as a 2nd monitor for things like facebook while I play games or something. 
My only issue is when I play bf1 for instance, it says I dont have enough ram. This is a problem because I want to play it, but when im streaming other games I need to have a lot of things open as well like OBS, StreamLabs, web pages, etc etc. So just getting sticks of ram will fix this? 

4k is a big step up for games from 1080p.

If you play twitch games (like first person shooters) then 1440p at a high refresh rate is probably a better choice than 4k (which typically has very limited refresh rates).

Something like this: https://www.asus.com/au/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

with a GTX1080 and you will never look back.  ( i run mine on a GTX1070)

If you going to but such expensive hardware in your pc.

I would look at getting better PSU.

That PSU is not for OC. 

8 minutes ago, .//Adept said:

This is a problem because I want to play it, but when im streaming other games I need to have a lot of things open as well like OBS, StreamLabs, web pages, etc etc. So just getting sticks of ram will fix this? 

Umm... if you are also streaming and stuff CPU will start to become a bottleneck (serious bottleneck) the higher resolution you go.   This re-enforces my prior recommendation that you are better to go to 1440p than 4k.

1 minute ago, Rohime said:

Umm... if you are also streaming and stuff CPU will start to become a bottleneck (serious bottleneck) the higher resolution you go.   This re-enforces my prior recommendation that you are better to go to 1440p than 4k.

Yeah I was just looking at the prices. I'll probably stick to 1080p for now and then in a few years move to 4k when its more prevalent. At the very least Ill save up a bit and then make the jump to 1440p. 4k seems a bit crazy. 

Never seen issues with mixing ram. Except that the older modules fail first (duh).

Also, you probably have 2x dual-channel on your mobo anyways so any gain from there is forfeit even with a 4x stick kit.

If you switched out that 4k requirement for 144Hz @ 1440p instead, you could jump over to the red team when the new GPU comes out and stick a FreeSync screen on that.

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

HDD - WD Black 4TB

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

Never seen issues with mixing ram. Except that the older modules fail first (duh).

Also, you probably have 2x dual-channel on your mobo anyways so any gain from there is forfeit even with a 4x stick kit.

If you switched out that 4k requirement for 144Hz @ 1440p instead, you could jump over to the red team when the new GPU comes out and stick a FreeSync screen on that.

I dont get what you mean about the 2x dual channel. What exactly is forfeit? 

4k isnt a requirement and I probably won't be touching it to be honest. Idk what the red team means or the free sync lololol sorry!

2 minutes ago, .//Adept said:

I dont get what you mean about the 2x dual channel. What exactly is forfeit? 

4k isnt a requirement and I probably won't be touching it to be honest. Idk what the red team means or the free sync lololol sorry!

Red team is AMD.

Not mixing ram is usually because you want more memory channels. Which is great! Except for when your motherboard (or CPU) doesn't support one group of four sticks. Most I've seen have one primary and one slave slot, times two. This you can see when you look at the RAM-slots and notice they're colored differently. Your mobo manual will tell you best if you support it or not, but the price will also give a good indication of what to expect.

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

HDD - WD Black 4TB

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

Red team is AMD.

Not mixing ram is usually because you want more memory channels. Which is great! Except for when your motherboard (or CPU) doesn't support one group of four sticks. Most I've seen have one primary and one slave slot, times two. This you can see when you look at the RAM-slots and notice they're colored differently. Your mobo manual will tell you best if you support it or not, but the price will also give a good indication of what to expect.

Oh I see, so different colored ram slots means I can only have 2 sticks of RAM, not 4? 

You can only pair two sticks, but you can have two pairs.

Like this!

Spoiler

b57293a7a329422a9a987331b2406a52.png

Linus explains it greatly in that video above.

There's great performance gain from running in channels, but most of us never get to see a quad channel system. And so it's mostly important that your MHz speeds are approximately equal and that the two identical ram sticks are ran together. Your mobo should detect the separate timings and adjust accordingly.

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

HDD - WD Black 4TB

PSU - Corsair RM1000x