What is Better???

Do you want a high cache or a high Ghz. I am looking at these CPUs and was wondering which is better one is higher Ghz and the other has higher cache. 

1st.  Xeon 5080

2nd. Xeon X5492

10 minutes ago, MrPizza0021 said:

Do you want a high cache or a high Ghz. I am looking at these CPUs and was wondering which is better one is higher Ghz and the other has higher cache. 

1st.  Xeon 5080

2nd. Xeon X5492

Depends on what you are doing. Some calculations that are memory intensive will do better with more cashe than having a higher clock speed. 

13 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Depends on what you are doing. Some calculations that are memory intensive will do better with more cashe than having a higher clock speed. 

I want to play some light games like CSGO and I have a GTX 1050ti so no worries about the gpu. 

15 hours ago, MrPizza0021 said:

I want to play some light games like CSGO and I have a GTX 1050ti so no worries about the gpu. 

Yes but what else are you going to be doing on the cpu and what is the difference in the clock speeds? 

Do you already have a motherboard to accept these CPUs? These are aging CPUs, so finding a working motherboard might be really hard and expensive. If you have to buy a motherboard too, it might ultimately be cheaper to go with a modern i5 + mobo.

9 hours ago, ShepBook said:

Do you already have a motherboard to accept these CPUs? These are aging CPUs, so finding a working motherboard might be really hard and expensive. If you have to buy a motherboard too, it might ultimately be cheaper to go with a modern i5 + mobo.

Yes I do have a LGA771 mobo.