Dell U2515H VSYNC

momsspaghetti

Hi,

I the following components: i7 4790k, H97 Pro4 (I don't want Z97, couldn't afford it), 16gb drr3 1600 RAM, 256gb SSD. (That's the important part)

I plan on upgrading on anew EVGA GTX 1070 SC. I want to play Battlefield 1 (and other AAA titles) @ maxed settings in 1440p in 60fps.

Will aktivating vsync make the game play smoother, similar to what g sync does? 

Does my Dell U2515H have vsync?

vsync just limits the fps to the monitor's refresh rate the monitor does not need to include a vsync module or anything

3 minutes ago, momsspaghetti said:

V-Sync is something the graphics card does. Monitors don't need to be "V-Sync capable". It works on any monitor.

V-Sync eliminates tearing, it does not make gameplay smoother.

As @Glenwing said, all monitors and gpus support v-sync.

It eliminates tearing, but introduces input lag. Its a bit of a personal preference thing. I personally find tearing much more distracting than the minimal amount of input lag introduced by v-sync, so I keep it enabled in all games except rainbow six siege (or any other multiplayer FPS)

When in doubt, re-format.

14 minutes ago, momsspaghetti said:

Will aktivating vsync make the game play smoother, similar to what g sync does? 

No, vsync and gsync are completely different. Vsync limits the framerate the graphics card puts out, gsync communicates with the graphics card and dynamically alters the monitors scanning frequency. 

Vsync can actually make gameplay less smooth, especially if you use standard vsync. Any framedips below 60 means it wil output 30 fps. If the game hovers around 60 it's constantly switching between 30 and 60. For the smoothest experience on a standard screen, force adaptive vsync through your panel.