GPU video output problem? Need help!

Vishvas Sudarshan

So this issue is with my PC which I built 3 weeks ago - https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/LjBpzM

It was working fine few days ago, but now, whenever I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and the circling dots, and then the output from my PC is cut off (as my monitor says 'No Signal')

Then after about 30-60seconds, I see the lock screen.

So I need some help guys!

PS: It used to arrive at the lock screen within 6 sec from when the button is pressed before this issue.

The windows updates from this week made my next couple reboots take forever. Works fine now. How many times have you re-started since this issue started?

When in doubt, re-format.

I had that problem once. Solution for me was to play with main monitor settings. Added second monitor, made it main one, restarted, after that changed it back and after restart problem was gone.

3 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

The windows updates from this week made my next couple reboots take forever. Works fine now. How many times have you re-started since this issue started?

Well Windows Update has been disabled from 2 weeks, as some update always failed to install and My PC kept rebooting.

I've restarted about 4-5 times. But Even if it takes a long time, will the complete output be disabled? (I don't know, so I'm asking you)

This weeks batch of updates made my computer restart in weird ways. I had no video for over a minute but the computer was on. I was about to just shut it down by holding power and then it came back to life all of a sudden. Having windows update in win10 disabled doesn't always do stuff as Microsoft has made it quite resistant to being permanently turned off and it still finds ways to push you updates. (YMMV)

I don't have any further ideas about troubleshooting at the moment besides maybe disconnecting your GPU and seeing if it does the same thing with the onboard graphics (just as a test)

2 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

This weeks batch of updates made my computer restart in weird ways. I had no video for over a minute but the computer was on. I was about to just shut it down by holding power and then it came back to life all of a sudden. Having windows update in win10 disabled doesn't always do stuff as Microsoft has made it quite resistant to being permanently turned off and it still finds ways to push you updates. (YMMV)

I don't have any further ideas about troubleshooting at the moment besides maybe disconnecting your GPU and seeing if it does the same thing with the onboard graphics (just as a test)

Okay, How do I enable On-Board-Graphics? Cause I'm new to desktops, this is my first build and I don't know how to do it. Should I enable it in the bios or something?

5 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Okay, How do I enable On-Board-Graphics? Cause I'm new to desktops, this is my first build and I don't know how to do it. Should I enable it in the bios or something?

You may have to change some settings in your bios, but just removing the GPU from the computer and plugging the monitor into the onboard should enable it automatically. Doing this the first time will likely cause your computer to install the intel display drivers and will result in a longer than normal boot time so just make sure to reboot once or twice to see if the problem persists.

7 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

You may have to change some settings in your bios, but just removing the GPU from the computer and plugging the monitor into the onboard should enable it automatically. Doing this the first time will likely cause your computer to install the intel display drivers and will result in a longer than normal boot time so just make sure to reboot once or twice to see if the problem persists.

The problem persisted even when running on integrated graphics. So I just ran Windows update once, it installed some display drivers. I rebooted twice. The problem was no longer seen. Then I plugged in my GPU again, it started without any issues, I reinstalled the NVidia drivers, rebooted twice just to be sure, no issues, And it looks like its actually faster than before. Thanks!