Help!

Gunner1058

recently bought a gtx 1050 to upgrade my build! I forgot to check if it had specific connections for my monitor! Turns out, it doesnt! 

I need to connect my monitor (VGA) to my gpu(HDMI,DP,DVI-D) somehow!

I heard that there are some kind of adapters!

1 minute ago, CrunchyBadger said:

Go to your local it store and they should have adapters.

they only have DVI-I that im pretty sure dont even fit into dvi-d!

2 minutes ago, Gunner1058 said:

they only have DVI-I that im pretty sure dont even fit into dvi-d!

You will need to use an active adapter. 

something like this should work.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

HDMI , DP and DVI-D are digital signals, which wouldn't be cheap to convert to the analog VGA. You'd need some kind of converter instead of a simple adapter.

8 minutes ago, Gunner1058 said:

recently bought a gtx 1050 to upgrade my build! I forgot to check if it had specific connections for my monitor! Turns out, it doesnt! 

I need to connect my monitor (VGA) to my gpu(HDMI,DP,DVI-D) somehow!

I heard that there are some kind of adapters!

New monitor? ;) you won't need a 1050 for a vga monitor anyways, but thats not the question...

here some kind of hdmi to vga adapter is fine, you can even use it to do presentations at school/uni if the Beamer doesnt support it...

https://www.amazon.de/HDMI-auf-VGA-Aktiv-Audio-Übertragung-Konverterkabel-unterstützt-Chromebook/dp/B00NBUTHJG/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1484233917&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+vga

1 minute ago, Fancyland said:

HDMI , DP and DVI-D are digital signals, which wouldn't be cheap to convert to the analog VGA. You'd need some kind of converter instead of a simple adapter.

amazon isn't an option for me here! 

Where are you based? amazed the GPU didn't come with an adapter!

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

Why would it? Normally the GPU is connected directly to the hdmi port or some sort.

2 minutes ago, MrHomes said:

Why would it? Normally the GPU is connected directly to the hdmi port or some sort.

When I got a replacement R7 360 for the GF's rig it came with DVI to VGA adapter in the box.  I just considered it normal.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

When I got a replacement R7 360 for the GF's rig it came with DVI to VGA adapter in the box.  I just considered it normal, got about ten of the things laying around in my PC spares box.

did they work! was the dvi with those 4 extra pins?

2 minutes ago, Kierax said:

When I got a replacement R7 360 for the GF's rig it came with DVI to VGA adapter in the box.  I just considered it normal.

DVI-I to VGA adapters are kind of standard, DVI-D is a different story.

7 minutes ago, Kierax said:

im in latvia(europe). i need like a active adapter! They cost like 10 euros for me! 

5 minutes ago, Fancyland said:

DVI-I to VGA adapters are kind of standard, DVI-D is a different story.

yeah :(

9 minutes ago, MrHomes said:

the gpu only has digital connections after doing my research! and the monitor uses analog....

34 minutes ago, Gunner1058 said:

the gpu only has digital connections after doing my research! and the monitor uses analog....

Yes he wondered why there isn't any adapter included with the graphics card. Normally this isn't the case because most monitors use at least one digital port or dvi.

43 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Wow! Not with the GPUs I've bought but maybe there are more gpus that come witch adapters.

14 hours ago, MrHomes said:

New monitor? ;) you won't need a 1050 for a vga monitor anyways, but thats not the question...

here some kind of hdmi to vga adapter is fine, you can even use it to do presentations at school/uni if the Beamer doesnt support it...

https://www.amazon.de/HDMI-auf-VGA-Aktiv-Audio-Übertragung-Konverterkabel-unterstützt-Chromebook/dp/B00NBUTHJG/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1484233917&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+vga

will this work?

3 hours ago, Gunner1058 said:

According to the site I found about the product, the adapter can be used for a vga monitor and a hdmi device. 

But it cannot be used from a vga device to a hdmi monitor, but that is not your case.

TL;DR That adapter should work.