Painted Graphics Card Problem

Any help is appreciated.

So yesterday I painted my Msi 750ti, and upon reassembling it, it no longer displays anything and also have a whirring/shaking sound upon boot. All screws are tightened fully though.

Any ideas on the problem?

7 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Pics could help. Did you paint the fans btw? Also maybe some paint has dripped on the PCB or have you forgot a internal wire?

Well thank-you for the quick response, however I seem to have fixed it by disassembling and reassembling. No I just painted the shroud as paint on fans can affect performance.

DSC_0469.JPG

2 minutes ago, Dinnshmer said:

Well thank-you for the quick response, however I seem to have fixed it by disassembling and reassembling. No I just painted the shroud as paint on fans can affect performance.

Its not so much that it affects performance, but the extra weight from the paint can slow the fans down, making the bearings have to work harder = wear out quicker. And it would be very hard to get an even coverage on each fin, so if one is heavier than the other, it may not cause it to be level when it spins, and hit the heatsink or shroud :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

15 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Its not so much that it affects performance, but the extra weight from the paint can slow the fans down, making the bearings have to work harder = wear out quicker. And it would be very hard to get an even coverage on each fin, so if one is heavier than the other, it may not cause it to be level when it spins, and hit the heatsink or shroud :P 

Aye henche why I asked because he mentioned that sound.

Anyway glad it is solved and looks good.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list