Motherboard Help, and more

Wazfoodle

So I am trying to put together a parts list. Use for this build is predominantly gaming. I want to use the i6600k  using z170 chipset. 

I am stuck on a motherboard. I like the Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX, because of the RGB headers.  I am getting a lot of mixed reviews on how well you can sync a complete system RGB to it. I am looking for case and strips, and possibly case fans. I found strips that run on the Aura RGB headers at cablemod. Now I believe I can do all that using that MOBO, but I want to make sure. I found that it wont work with Strix video cards, which isn't a concern of mine anyways. Can anyone confirm this? I would also like an AIO RGB that connects with it but I doulbt that exists, the only ones I am finding are Thermaltake.

Is there a better option for software control of RGB's then this route?

I have figured out almost everything else on my build thru pcpartpickers except which motherboard and AIO. . . Thanks ahead of time for any and all help.

NZXT has a bit larger of an eco-system when it comes to RGB. They have led strips, aios and case fans. Their stuff is quite expensive though and part of it is only available in the us atm.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S