Modding a GTX 1070 F.E.

LightrodSilver

I want to change the green led lights. I read that you can sand the green paint off and it will be white. Is it safe to do that? Like will it void warranty or damage the gou?

Thanks.

Any physical alteration will void the warranty. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

6 minutes ago, LightrodSilver said:

I want to change the green led lights. I read that you can sand the green paint off and it will be white. Is it safe to do that? Like will it void warranty or damage the gou?

Thanks.

It won't damage the card but of course will void the warranty with any permanent modifications. 

Could buy a spare cooler incase you plan on breaking the card. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

They can't deny your warranty for rubbing paint off lmao. It's against the law to deny warranty because of modification that didn't cause the failure to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

They can't deny your warranty for rubbing paint off lmao. It's against the law to deny warranty because of modification that didn't cause the failure to begin with.

I think what they are trying to say is, Yes, You can, But if you mess up the internals, Don't expect a replacement coming.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to try that too. Did you successfully sand off the green part and turn it into white? I want to mine yellow.