GTX 1060 Bottleneck?

Ethereal

Would a Non-Overclocked AMD FX 8350 CPU begin to bottleneck/struggle with an EVGA or ASUS GTX 1060 whilst using 3 monitors whilst gaming on the middle one and having Chrome or w/e on the left and right?

I currently have a lame/old NVIDIA GPU and don't want to swap drivers, I prefer NVIDIA GPUs and because drivers are a pain sometimes..

Opinions? Thanks in advance guys

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

depends on the game yes.

Oh really? dang :(

Would it bottleneck at 1080p-High/Ultra on some demanding games ..?

What GPU could I use instead?

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

No you'll be fine for most games

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

No you'll be fine for most games

Even on high-demanding games at I assume, High/Ultra? Such as GTA-V as one example ..? o.O

Just now, Ethereal said:

Even on high-demanding games at I assume, High/Ultra? Such as GTA-V as one example ..? o.O

Really depends on the game. You'll be better off turning settings up to kind of put more load on the GPU. Don't get a weaker GPU though I'd go for an RX 480 tbh. GTA V is one of the games where it will bottleneck but take that as you will, you'll still get good framerates.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

Really depends on the game. You'll be better off turning settings up to kind of put more load on the GPU. Don't get a weaker GPU though I'd go for an RX 480 tbh. GTA V is one of the games where it will bottleneck but take that as you will, you'll still get good framerates.

Aah ok cool, I assume there's not much of a FPS Difference between the 480 and 1060 ..?

Oh and also, with the 3 monitors as well (Whilst gaming on only the middle one), will that be fine and hopefully no issues?

Aah ok cool, I assume there's not much of a FPS Difference between the 480 and 1060 ..?

Oh and also, with the 3 monitors as well (Whilst gaming on only the middle one), will that be fine and hopefully no issues?

Ya that'll be no issues. I say get the 480 as they fight back and fourth between games but you can find 75Hz Freesync panels for like $100-$130 new along with DX12 and Vulkan it performing a bit better in

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

4 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

You will be fine for most games, a few recent examples off the top of my head that the FX series struggles with (on max settings) GTA V, Hitman (2016) (DX11), Total War Warhammer.

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

Ya that'll be no issues.

Oh good, I hope to get 2 more monitors to go with my current one so fingers crossed for no issues!

Oh ya... FreeSync, I forgot about how that makes it visually better. Maybe I should move over to a RX 480 huh, I forgot about that entirely somehow xD.

Is going from NVIDIA > AMD easy as far as drivers? Installing/Uninstalling etc..?

Oh good, I hope to get 2 more monitors to go with my current one so fingers crossed for no issues!

Oh ya... FreeSync, I forgot about how that makes it visually better. Maybe I should move over to a RX 480 huh, I forgot about that entirely somehow xD.

Is going from NVIDIA > AMD easy as far as drivers? Installing/Uninstalling etc..?

nope NVidia drivers are also bad sometimes my 1070 had a driver issue few month back and had to revert to an older driver. it depends on card to card basis. 

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope NVidia drivers are also bad sometimes my 1070 had a driver issue few month back and had to revert to an older driver. it depends on card to card basis. 

7 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Might I add drivers themselves may be similar in quality but I like the layout and overall feel of Radeon Settings more than Geforce Experience.

Put it this way I have an Asus ROG strix 1060 and a first gen i7-930 @ 4.2ghz and I get little to no bottleneck at 1080p 60fps ultra/max settings (except things like hairworks) So you would be absolutely fine with the FX 8350 :) and agreeing with everyone else the only decrease I would notice would be in something like GTA V. I have microstutter in that in some of the really built up area's