What would you do?

batatas

As a guy like me who live in the woods and needs to wait 1 hour to download 1 GB and have never experienced pc gaming above 30 FPS what monitor should i buy? I cant even imagine how awesome would be gaming at 60 fps but what about a 120 or 144 hz monitor paired with a 1080 would i die with that amount of smoothness? And playing games without the need to change the settings to the lowest possible just to reach the cinematic 24 fps? Man i think i will die when i experience all of that. And what about fiber? Well forget that it would be easier for me to get a pc with 4 titans xp than fiber reach my house. Well if you were in my place what would you go for 60hz or 120 and higher?

1 minute ago, batatas said:

As a guy like me who live in the woods and needs to wait 1 hour to download 1 GB and have never experienced pc gaming above 30 FPS what monitor should i buy? I cant even imagine how awesome would be gaming at 60 fps but what about a 120 or 144 hz monitor paired with a 1080 would i die with that amount of smoothness? And playing games without the need to change the settings to the lowest possible just to reach the cinematic 24 fps? Man i think i will die when i experience all of that. And what about fiber? Well forget that it would be easier for me to get a pc with 4 titans xp than fiber reach my house. Well if you were in my place what would you go for 60hz or 120 and higher?

well, you can also overclock 144Hz monitors, I have my 60Hz overclocked to 75Hz, you might not notice a difference between 60 and 120Hz at first, but spend a month on one and 60 looks like shit and 30 becomes unplayable almost.

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

What hardware do you have?

Its a laptop xD

1 minute ago, batatas said:

Its a laptop xD

I have a laptop, but it's an ROG one, so basically a desktop made slightly portable. 

Yours faithfully

It is a 5 year old laptop that sucks still it has a gt 540m but i will be making my first desktop in some months and i would like to know what you guys would do because if i go for 120 hz or up i will go at least for a 1070 or a 1080 but if you guys think 60hz would be already to awesome for a  guy who play games a 24 fps i would go for a 1060 or i can go AMD to brand is not the problem just want your opinion but as you want to know the specs of my laptop here they are gt540m, i7 2630QM and 8gb Ram.

Is a toshiba p750-10e

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

120hz is always nice, but it really depends on your budget. If you give it to me, I can help you find a monitor. 

18 minutes ago, batatas said:

I feel bad if you have to download grand theft auto v

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

IKR, I just had to redownload it and it took almost 2 hours, but like 15 minutes was just fapping around allocating space. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

IKR, I just had to redownload it and it took almost 2 hours, but like 15 minutes was just fapping around allocating space. 

Well I mean thats not all that long. It takes me a school day from 8am to 3pm which i don't mind. If it took a week, then I would have a problem with that.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Well I mean thats not all that long. It takes me a school day from 8am to 3pm which i don't mind. If it took a week, then I would have a problem with that.

what did bother me was it ate ALL the bandwidth, even facebook messenger took 3 seconds to send a message, I had to switch to my 4G on it, which in my house was like 2G speeds, if it could find 4G, sometimes having to deal with 3.5G.

Yours faithfully

12 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Believe me i have never downloaded something that big but when the games have updates over 1Gb i need to wait an hour just to download and 5 minutes before the update is out everyone is already saying that the update is buggy and stuff and i look at my screen and say well only more 55 minutes to see the bugs in the new update

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I'd move to the city.

AHAHHA that would be nice but not nice at the same time you know what i like silent so mutch that i cant stay in a city i cant sleep i cant stand that noise all day here i just hear cars 2 times a day when people go to work and when people come from work after that there is absolutly no noise at all. When i am downloading something during the night i take the laptop as far as i can just to not hear the fan and the random weird electric noises if i leave the laptop in my bedroom i cant sleep is too mutch noise.

Yea, it took me a week to get my few favourite games back on steam on my new build. GTA V alone took two full days and nights... Looking forward to fiber being built to our valley some time this year! 

Anyways, I built a gtx 1080 PC with a 2560x1440 144/165Hz monitor, also planning for VR in the (hopefully not too distant) future. If your budget can handle it, by all means, go for it. It is great! 

(btw, slow Internet is a small price to pay for the wonders of living in the countryside :)) 

11 hours ago, OlavEmil said:

Yea, it took me a week to get my few favourite games back on steam on my new build. GTA V alone took two full days and nights... Looking forward to fiber being built to our valley some time this year! 

Anyways, I built a gtx 1080 PC with a 2560x1440 144/165Hz monitor, also planning for VR in the (hopefully not too distant) future. If your budget can handle it, by all means, go for it. It is great! 

(btw, slow Internet is a small price to pay for the wonders of living in the countryside :)) 

Ok thanks for your opinion and i hope you get fiber asap.