Hdmi Cable connexions - Xbox One S + TV 4 K + Stream Pc with Obs

Nardeus

Good morning everyone and happy new year to all of you.

I come from Belgium and I have a question before purchasing some products.

Here is the plan :

I would like to play with my Xbox one S on my TV ( 4K HDR ) UE65KS8000 in my living room.
I would like to be able to stream my games through my Pc using Obs in another room.

After some researchs, here is where I am currently :

- I can buy :

1) Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro

81xNgUYQdFL._SL1500_.jpg

2) Avermedia C985

814MwsHreJL._SL1500_.jpg

That card would be inside my pc.

I know that those cards are only able to give a 1080P rendering.

I would need to plug a HDMI cable from the Xbox one S inside the IN port of the card.
I would need to plug a HDMI cable from the TV inside the OUT port of the card.

Like this ( if I am correct ) I would be able to play in my living room with my xbox on my tv ( in FULL HD resolution ), turn the computer on, launch my stream on twitch with OBS to get the alerts and overlay etc.

If I am right till now, I read this on the faq/support of elgato :

Creating Longer Connections Using HDMI Video Cables

A standard quality Category 1 HDMI cable can be up to 5 meters (16.4 feet) long without signal attenuation problems. 

A higher quality Category 2 HDMI ("High Speed") cable may be able to reach up to 15 meters long - check with the HDMI cable manufacturer for more details.

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020256-what-is-the-longest-usb-hdmi-or-component-cable-i-can-use-with-elgato-game-capture-hd-or-elgato-game-capture-hd60-

Has someone here already done that ? And more important could you give me a link of good 10 meters/15meters long HDMI cables I could use to make it work properly ? ( cat 2 high Speed ? )

If possible from amazon.de ( would be preferred ) cause I don't know what to purchase exactly...

Thanks in advance for the help !!

ps: if you have any other idea don't hesitate.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue that im seeing is that running through the capture card may disable the HDR on the console but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Also HDMI can have issues when a run exceeds 10M, It may be worth using a hdmi splitter near where the xbox is and then running a single hdmi cable to the capturecard.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

In fact I am pretty sure that using this will only allow me to play on my tv in 1080P ( no HDR and of course no 4k)

It is just a question about lenght... Some people told me not to use a splitter but direct cable...

I guess I will have to give a try and will come back to give the results... ( when I get the capture card from a friend before buying one... )