Upgrade plans

jado

A few months back I put together my system with an i5-6600k and a RX 460 :(, I ran out of money before i got my graphics card. I still don't have money but im planning my upgrades now so I have a goal to save for.

My plan is to get this stuff:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($233.44 @ NCIX) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($88.67 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.53 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card  ($396.17 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($113.83 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $905.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-08 15:14 EST-0500

Although I'd like a 1070 in Canada you pay $600-700 and I mainly play TF2 and probably don't need that much performance.

Here's where I need help, I was planning on getting these parts in this order:

1. NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler cant decide between this or the Corsair H100i v2 What do you people think?

2. G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

3. Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

4. EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

5. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card I was going to wait to get the 1060 last because of AMD's new Vega cards

IF anyone has better idea's let me know, also yes I have a Z170 Mobo and am getting a water cooler to get a better overclock (And they look cool)

Don't get the NEX series of PSUs, they are average at best. Get the EVGA G3

8 minutes ago, jado said:

A few months back I put together my system with an i5-6600k and a RX 460 :(, I ran out of money before i got my graphics card. I still don't have money but im planning my upgrades now so I have a goal to save for.

My plan is to get this stuff:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($233.44 @ NCIX) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($88.67 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.53 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card  ($396.17 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($113.83 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $905.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-08 15:14 EST-0500

Although I'd like a 1070 in Canada you pay $600-700 and I mainly play TF2 and probably don't need that much performance.

Here's where I need help, I was planning on getting these parts in this order:

1. NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler cant decide between this or the Corsair H100i v2 What do you people think?

2. G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

3. Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

4. EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

5. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card I was going to wait to get the 1060 last because of AMD's new Vega cards

IF anyone has better idea's let me know, also yes I have a Z170 Mobo and am getting a water cooler to get a better overclock (And they look cool)

Don't bother with a new PSU if you are getting a EVGA NEX, they aren't that good. The PSU tier list is very useful,

get at least tier 3 or above. (If you want to upgrade PSU, which I wouldn't do if I was you)

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Why would you want to upgrade if you only play tf2?

Just now, Sälle said:

Why would you want to upgrade if you only play tf2?

I play more than tf2 it's just what im playing most at the moment (Because of the 460)

5 minutes ago, FTL said:

Don't get the NEX series of PSUs, they are average at best. Get the EVGA G3

3 minutes ago, Cyndre1033 said:

Don't bother with a new PSU if you are getting a EVGA NEX, they aren't that good. The PSU tier list is very useful,

get at least tier 3 or above. (If you want to upgrade PSU, which I wouldn't do if I was you)

Thanks for the tips, I don't want to spend to much on the PSU but il probably get something better. Im upgrading the PSU because mine currently isn't modular and I want some nice cablemod cables. It's pretty much an aesthetic upgrade

4 minutes ago, LabRat said:

buy a new graphics card. you don't need anything else.

I don't "need" anything else but I want other things

4 minutes ago, Sälle said:

What other games do you play then?

Pretty much TF2 but i'd like to play games like Doom and GTA V

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4f3Zqk

If you really want an upgrade go with this. You don't need to spend that kind of money on an AIO, if you want the RGB go for the Kraken X61.Cooling performance is very similar in terms of the X62. You don't need more RAM, RX 480 is on-par or better then a 1060 in most games. 1-3 AAA games does it fall behind in. Picked out a better PSU also

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

12 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4f3Zqk

If you really want an upgrade go with this. You don't need to spend that kind of money on an AIO, if you want the RGB go for the Kraken X61.Cooling performance is very similar in terms of the X62. You don't need more RAM, RX 480 is on-par or better then a 1060 in most games. 1-3 AAA games does it fall behind in. Picked out a better PSU also

Ok thanks for the help, Il probably still get more RAM just because.