Good $80 surround sound headphones w/o mic?

Lethalmonk

Hey,

I am in need of a pair of headphones with surround sound for gaming. I dont need a mic as i might get a modmic and most gaming headsets are crappy (break easily, sound is poor). I dont need noise cancellation and doesnt matter if it is open or closed (if it matters).

Give or take $80

Thanks

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

m50x or a m40x 

those arent surround sound, are they?

4 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

Hey,

I am in need of a pair of headphones with surround sound for gaming. I dont need a mic as i might get a modmic and most gaming headsets are crappy (break easily, sound is poor). I dont need noise cancellation and doesnt matter if it is open or closed (if it matters).

Give or take $80

Thanks

If you can extend your budget 14 dollars the ATH-AD700x and AD900x have excellent soundstage so you can pinpoint where noises are coming from. 

Edit: You don't need surround sound if your headphones are open-back and/ or have good soundstage. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

2 years ago, Lethalmonk said:

Hey,

Give or take $80

Thanks

I would suggest HyperX cloud II's but the price can waiver a bit at the moment you can find them new in the mid 90's 

they have Great sound quality a decent mic and use 7.1 Dolby surround 

3 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

what is the difference between the ath and ad?

besidess the price xD

The whole name is ATH-AD---x or ATH-AD--- (older version) or ATH-A---Z (closed back). Replace --- with 2000,1000, 900, 700, 500 for AD, 2000,1000,990,550 for a---z

sorry so confusing, not my fault, it's audiotechnica's fault

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

4 minutes ago, mcaldwell said:

I would suggest HyperX cloud II's but the price can waiver a bit at the moment you can find them new in the mid 90's 

they have Great sound quality a decent mic and use 7.1 Dolby surround 

i hear 7.1 isnt that good, or am i wrong?
i was concedaaring those are g930 but the g930 break easily.

2 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

i hear 7.1 isnt that good, or am i wrong?
i was concedaaring those are g930 but the g930 break easily.

I have the g430 and love them, but that's kinda funny because I got them when I was 9 (maybe 10) and have had them for 6 years

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

2 minutes ago, Cyndre1033 said:

I have the g430 and love them, but that's kinda funny because I got them when I was 9 (maybe 10) and have had them for 6 years

have they broke and or is the quality good or bad. a friend has those and one of the bands snapped 2 months in

2 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

have they broke and or is the quality good or bad. a friend has those and one of the bands snapped 2 months in

Damn. They survived everything, even being thrown at my desk after I died in Minecraft (even though I was young I wasn't weak, the throw probably wasnt that hard but was still a throw.)

Edit: they don't feel premium but my experience has only been positive with them so far. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

I have a pair of logitech g230, great for sorround sound and are only about 20-30 usd, I sold my extra pair for $25, they are a little bit simple on the design, and I'd much rather have some with led. But other than that I like them.

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

Philips SHP 9500 is exactly what you want. They're also compatible with the V-moda boom mike. 

Check Newegg and Amazon. You should pay no more than $80 for them, but they're often on sale @ Newegg for $55.

Don't buy logitech. Don't buy beats. Don't buy razer. Forget about all of the crap about "surround sound". Any quality pair of headphones will have that. Audiotechnica and sennheiser are always good. 

at $80:

-SHP9500 / HD558 (they are similar but SHP have a little bit brighter treble)

-AD500X/700X (these are superb for FPS games, but the wing headband model is a hit or miss)

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.