I7 4770 vs i7 6700

No ocing

4790 costs 165 used and the 6700 is 195. Is it worth paying extra or not

i7-4790 is only 5% slower. It's up to you, If I were building from scratch I'd go 6700 cause of a newer platform, DDR4 memory etc.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

For the CPU alone, no. If you're building a new rig around the CPU, yes. The 6700 gives you access to newer architecture and--biggie--DDR4 RAM. The 4790 is limited to DDR3. If you've already got a Haswell-capable motherboard with DDR3 RAM, then I'd get the 4790, especially as the price of RAM continues to get dumber.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Ok then let me put it this way

i5 6600k

or

i7 4790

Soz i forgot to put the 6600k in the title, but theyre the same price and for me ram and mobo is 5 pounds more

Are you going to overclock? Do you mostly game? Then the 6600k.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Are you going to overclock? Do you mostly game? Then the 6600k.

No ocing to avoid voiding warranty. Yes gaming and rendering, other than that the usual web browsing and email checking

4 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

No ocing to avoid voiding warranty. Yes gaming and rendering, other than that the usual web browsing and email checking

Overclocking does not void the warranty. Just don't slam 2v through the core LOL. 

But, if that's your final answer, then the 4790. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Overclocking does not void the warranty. Just don't slam 2v through the core LOL. 

But, if that's your final answer, then the 4790. 

The site I'm buying from, cex says on their return policy no ocing which sucks. Also my dad hates ocing and anything that might just void the warranty, but yh the 4790 should do well

If only gaming I think you should go for newest platform despite the i5 having no hyper threading. But with rendering in mind I say that a i7 is very much worth it.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list