Can't decide the video card!

Therim

Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 or ZOTAC GTX1070 AMP Extreme?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 or ZOTAC GTX1070 AMP Extreme?

• Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    • ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP Extreme
    • Other (Please tell me which card it is)

I can't decide which GPU I should get. There are 2 in my mind and those are gigabyte g1 gaming 1070 and zotac AMP extreme 1070. Can you tell me which one's better and what are the major/minor differences between them and lastly, which one would you prefer. Please vote on the poll and share your opinions and informations.

Thanks

I chose other as I highly recommend the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

20 minutes ago, deniz.erim said:

I can't decide which GPU I should get. There are 2 in my mind and those are gigabyte g1 gaming 1070 and zotac AMP extreme 1070. Can you tell me which one's better and what are the major/minor differences between them and lastly, which one would you prefer. Please vote on the poll and share your opinions and informations.

Thanks

Prefered color?

15 minutes ago, FTL said:

Prefered color?

I was planning on building a white-blue or white-black color schemed PC. 

Wait for Vega.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

5 minutes ago, Crossbred said:

Wait for Vega.

can you inform me more  about vega please, I've never heard of it

1 minute ago, deniz.erim said:

can you inform me more  about vega please, I've never heard of it

Its AMD's upcoming GPU set. It will compete with nvidia on the high end, which will at least drive the price down on a 1070 or even give a better option.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

1 minute ago, Crossbred said:

Its AMD's upcoming GPU set. It will compete with nvidia on the high end, which will at least drive the price down on a 1070 or even give a better option.

wow I thought AMD was going to only release ryzen CPUs this year. I will be building my PC in June tho so I have plenty of time to change some parts. Thanks for your information

I have the 1070 Asus ROG Strix, and I really love it, it's covered in a bit of dust now, and in Dead by Daylight and I didn't hit 60 Degress

3 Heavens benchmark test, only hitted 62 degress :) 

1 minute ago, deniz.erim said:

wow I thought AMD was going to only release ryzen CPUs this year. I will be building my PC in June tho so I have plenty of time to change some parts. Thanks for your information

They will likely be released sometime later this quarter, which will time perfectly for your build.

11 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

I have the 1070 Asus ROG Strix, and I really love it, it's covered in a bit of dust now, and in Dead by Daylight and I didn't hit 60 Degress

3 Heavens benchmark test, only hitted 62 degress :) 

yeah I also looked at that but its more expensive than these two cards nd I want my card in that range, not much....

I'd go with the Gigabyte, higher clock and i personally am not a fan of Zotac GPUs although this one seems to be quite well built.

I usually go for Asus or MSI such as Asus Dual GTX1070, it has a nice Boost Clock and white color scheme so it would fit into your build right..

Spoiler

1 minute ago, LuizStocco said:

I'd go with the Gigabyte, higher clock and i personally am not a fan of Zotac GPUs although this one seems to be quite well built.

I usually go for Asus or MSI such as Asus Dual GTX1070, it has a nice Boost Clock and white color scheme so it would fit into your build right..

I also looked at it earlier but it has lower clock speed than these two and I would rather have better performance than a perfect color scheme. Thanks for your suggestion anyway :)

I looked at EVGA FTW earlier but it's unnecessarily expensive in Turkey with taxes and high dolar/tl ratio...